Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, September 26, 2020

Fall and Halloween at Stay Crafty with Hero

Hey friends - hope you're having a great weekend!! I took some time and made a Halloween card for the current Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge just announced by Hero Arts yesterday. This makes #15 since the pandemic began and I so appreciate Hero continuing this challenge!! Here's my card:


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Poppy (retired);
Poptone Black Licorice;
Stampin' Up green; Momenta watercolor;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb
Stamps - Hero Arts CL239 Owl-oween & 
CL628 Ghostly Greetings (both retired)
Simon Says Stamp Creepy Cute (retired)
Dies - Sunny Studio Slimline Nature Borders &
Other - Hero Arts clear lacquer; Copic Markers;
Black Soot Distress Ink & Ranger clear ep;
Darice googly eye (not sure of the size)


Most of my Hero Arts Halloween sets are retired but I love them soooo much!! I brought out an oldie but goodie with cute owls dressed as a witch, a ghost and a pirate. I've used them before (see an ancient Flickr post with them here, if interested - oh, how our styles change!!) but I still can't get enough of them. After I stamped, clear embossed and colored my owls and their accessories, I decided it was a big enough crowd for a slimline card. Thought it would be fun having them marching up to a house for treats. I used the same Simon Halloween set for the haunted house as I did on my Twofer card here but I snipped off the top floor. While the house extends past the card, I made sure it wouldn't be too tall for a #10 envelope. The sentiment is from a different Hero Halloween set, perfect for my trick or treating owls.

My slimline is 3.5x8.5 which made it a bit too narrow for the scalloped layer from my newest Sunny Studio slimline set. Instead I used the stitched rectangle die from it, plus the grassy hill from the SS Slimline Nature Borders. I used my paper trimmer for the black mat layer. I lacquered the windows and the witch owl's eyes. Mr. Pirate got a googly eye.

Will also link up to the current Watercooler Wednesday Challenge where All Occasions are being celebrated. That's my third and final link-up there (max of 3 allowed). Also adding to Darnell's NBUS Challenge since my Sunny Studio slimline frame die is getting its first play. Finally, I'm linking to Virginia's Show and Share for my fourth and final entry there (max of 4 per month allowed).

Thanks to all for the fun challenges and thank to you for visiting! Happy crafting!!






8 comments:

Betty said...

darling card Linda - little critters are all so cute!

Rosemary said...

super cute halloween card, linda!

Tristan said...

What a fun spooky card Linda. Lovely colouring and great scene. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

Mac Mable said...

I love your fun Halloween 'crowd' and I am enjoying seeing how you've been using these halloween stamps x. Fabulous card and liking the slimline shape too x.

Helen said...

What a super fun card, Linda! I love those little critters you've used to create this great little scene! Perfect Halloween! Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Take care:)

Trina P. said...

Fun and adorable Halloween card. Great slimline design.

Jean said...

Super cute combination of Halloween-themed images!

Greta said...

Totally adorable card, Linda! Great scene for a slimline card!