Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Scramble - using Multiple Stamp Sets

Hi friends - We have a private Facebook group for Hero Arts Scramble Lovers and I have a card I shared there yesterday, created in about 60 minutes. The final steps took me another 15 minutes so I was still within the allotted time. Char is the host and chose the theme of multiple stamp sets. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Ms Sparkle A2 card & Woodgrain Neutral;
Paper Studio brown, kraft and ivory
Stamps - Hero Arts CL987 Color Layering Grateful Leaves &
CL882 Autumn (both retired)
My Favorite Things various Blueprints (retired)

I started by stamping an array of leaves (just the solid parts; some have a separate vein stamp) on a piece of woodgrain patterned paper. Next I die cut the leafy panel with a stitched rectangle and added a brown mat, then glued to my card base. Next I cut three of the labels from Concord & 9th, stacked for dimension & glued to the leafty panel. Die cut the banner letters from brown and 5 solid banners from the orange & layered. Arranged on the label with foam tape then added the string. Stamped THANKSGIVING on a strip of ivory and hand cut flag ends. Popped onto the label - done!! I think the creation of the background paper with stamping took the longest, even with a MISTI.

I'm adding this to Virginia's September Show and Share (sorry - no rainbow colors but that was optional...). Thanks to Char for hosting a fun Scramble, to Virginia for her challenge and to you for stopping by! Hope you have a crafty day!!



7 comments:

Betty said...

i really like the idea of stamping the leaves on woodgrain paper - makes a great bg for your card!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous Autumnal card Linda.

Trina P. said...

Another wonderful thanksgiving card. Love the woodgrain paper background and how you’ve stamped the leaves on it.

Jean said...

The leaves on the woodgrain paper - perfection!

Greta said...

Great design--love this!

Rosemary said...

Really fun design, Linda! Love all the colors and textures!

Virginia L. said...

Love the composition and use of elements, Linda! It’s wonderful to see you try new things and play with techniques. So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL! Very happy to see your lovely work! Thank you for your support!