Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, September 19, 2020

Twofer Flourish Tree

Happy weekend, friends! I'm back with another pair of cards for Darnell's Twofer Challenge 31 Trees. You make two cards using a common prompt element (stamp/die/stencil), two different designs and for two different occasions. It's a gloomy day here so please excuse the poor photos!

I used the Tree Flourish by Impression Obsession as my common tree, newly purchased yesterday at Anchor Paper (a Twin Cities paper warehouse with an extensive craft department). I found so many bargains, including this stamp, at 50% off - practically free or at least less than a cup of fancy coffee!! Here's a closer look at each with supply list:


Supplies: Paper - Bazzill A2 card; Paper Studio ivory
Stamps - Impression Obsession Tree Flourish Large
Hero Arts Color Layering Christmas Tree (sentiment)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 13 (retired)
Other - Honey Bee gems; 3M washi; Hero Arts Copper ep;
Mermaid Lagoon & Embossing Distress Inks

For this quick & easy card I stamped and copper embossed the tree onto a stitched rectangle. Added a strip of copper washi, the sentiment and some gems. Glued to card base - done!


Supplies: Paper - Bazzill A2 card & primary;
Doodlebug Sweet Summer pattern
Stamps - Impression Obsession Tree Flourish Large
Dies - My Favorite Things Flutter of Butterflies (retired)
Other - Honey Bee gems; Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink;

I stamped a trio of partial flourish trees along the edge, then played around with a lot of butterflies, both open and backed with patterns. Finally settled on two butterflies backed in a striped pattern that included a bit of the Mermaid Lagoon color. In place of where a third butterfly had been tried, I added two little sentiment strips from SSS. Gems for the butterfly heads - done!

I'm also adding the tree to the current NBUS Challenge since it got first play with the Christmas card and to the current CAS Christmas Challenge where they want Trees. Thanks to Darnell and to the CAS Christmas team for the fun challenges and thanks to you for visiting!!

 



PS - please stop back on Monday when I'll have my first post up as a member of the Die Cut Divas Design Team. I'm very excited to have joined the Divas!!

13 comments:

Colleen said...

Linda, I am so glad you entered this Christmas card with us at CAS Christmas! You really scored on that stamp, didn't you? And then using it for the other card is really clever of you! the blue (turquoise) gems are sure beautiful and add lot to the card!

Rosemary said...

what a clever way to use that stamp, linda! another fabulous set of cards!

Betty said...

two fab cards, Linda - I still am trying to think of something for this twofer challenge.

Trina P. said...

Practically free - what an amazing deal! The Christmas tree looks beautiful embossed in copper. It looks just as beautiful as a decorative element on the birthday card. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Dawn T said...

Fantastic use of the tree stamp. I would never have thought to use it like your second card.

Anita in France said...

How gorgeous are the copper and aqua together on your Christmas card, Linda ... so striking and elegant ... and such a great deal! The delicate swirls make a lovely border to accompany those dainty fluttery butterflies ... such a pretty birthday card! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at Twofer! Anita :)

Jean said...

Fabulous use of the tree flourish - so creative!

Darnell said...

Well done on your shopping, Linda! I was so looking forward to going to that store ... maybe next year! I love the fun doodled design of the Christmas tree, especially all decked out in copper and turquoise! I love that combo and I'll bet the schparkle is amazing! You were very clever to turn the tree and stamp just the top of it along the edge to form a border on your birthday card design! I love how it mimics the top edge of the wings on your colorful striped butterflies! Thank you so much for joining in Twofer Card Challenge #31 and for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Beautiful tree stamp & creative way to make 2 different cards, Linda!

Loll said...

Gorgeous tree stamp Linda ... and what a bargain! It's so elegant, especially with the copper embossing and the blue gems. Love this colour combination. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! Your second card is such a creative way to use the trees. The design looks beautiful with your butterflies. xx

Happy Dance said...

Linda, you've got my wallet itching...I have a son and his family, who live in NE Mpls, so the next time I head that way and he asks where I'd like to go, guess where I'll be going, lol!!! This tree alone was worth the trip; it's simply gorgeous. LOVE the copper and the blues you've chosen for your Christmas card. It's a real stunner. And the sweet way you've incorporated the tree tops for your birthday card is so darn clever. It's an awesome way to showcase that scrolly design. Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Stay safe. Bev

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely flourish tree stamp Linda! So pretty with the blue ornaments to match the base and the copper embossing. And so clever to use it in another way with butterflies! What a score with your sale prices too! thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Linda said...

Your flourish (bargain) tree is fantastic. So pretty. And great that you used it in the twofer challenge too. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.