Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Taking a Birthday Drive!

Hey friends - glad you stopped by! Today I'm sharing a masculine birthday card made for a friend's hubby using a fun convertible set by Spellbinders.


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio & Authentique;
Tim Holtz silver kraft metallic
Dies - Spellbinders Sunday Drive;
My Favorite Things Blueprints (retired);
Hero Arts Halloween Trimmings (happy)
Other - Hero Arts lacquer; white and silver gel pens;
embroidery thread; foam tape

I bought the Spellbinders set this summer and was eager to try it. It contains many little pieces and details - so fun!! You can use HAPPY letters to cut into the balloons but I felt like that wasn't the thing for a manly man. Decided a small cluster of balloons tied together would balance out the scripty happy on the other side. I sandwiched a piece of acetate between two cuts of the windshield frame. Also added lacquer to the mirrors and the tail lights.

I'm adding this to Darnell's NBUS challenge since the convertible got it's first play here. Fittingly, since Darnell's hubby received the card; word is he really liked it! I wrote him - hope the windshield didn't have too many bugs on it - LOL. I have a hard time keeping acetate free of specks, don't you??!

Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!!







10 comments:

Trina P. said...

Of course the Mister liked it!... it’s an awesome masculine card. That die set looks very cool.

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous masculine card Linda.

Jeanne H said...

What fun having a convertible would be...maybe not here in MN. Your card is great. tfs

Cat Craig said...

Fab man card Linda!

Jean said...

Terrific use of the supplies - definitely masculine and celebratory!

Darnell said...

Yes, indeed, The Mister loved your card, Linda, and so did I! Such a lot of fun and fabulous details! The windshield was spotless, but it would have been okay if not. As a motorcyclist, he is used to lots of bugs on his windshield! In fact, it's become a thing where I have to nag him to use the washer and wipers when I ride with him. It's silly, but The Missus likes to see through the glass, lol! Thanks again and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Oh how cute, Linda! I remember seeing the dies & didn't think of them for a guy's BD card. Great idea!

Dawn T said...

Fantastic Linda. Such a great masculine card

Rosemary said...

super fun card, linda! i know your friend's hubby really enjoyed receiving it!

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous masculine card Linda. Great design and love the convertible die cut and the fun balloons x.