Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Anything But a Card

Hey crafty friends - hope you're enjoying your day, whatever you're doing!! Yesterday was a gloomy one here so I stayed inside and worked on a project for the latest Sisterhood of Crafters challenge. You need to make anything but a card. I waited until this morning to get a decent photograph but the daylight isn't that much better than yesterday, oh well. Here's my gift card holder that looks like a little gift bag:


Supplies: Paper - Graphic 45 Twas the Night Before Christmas;
Paper Studio red, green & glitter;
Hallmark gift bag tissue
Dies - Spellbinders April 2019 Large Die For You Gift Card Holder &
Sunny Studio Window Quad Circle (flower);

I'm fairly new to the Spellbinders Die of the Month Club but I've been able to pick up some of the past offerings when they didn't sell out at the Club. While I didn't get April 2019 Large Die at the clearance price that's current available at Spellbinders (only $5 - practically free!), I got a good deal. It sat around here all summer until now. I thought of it immediately when I spotted the Anything But a Card challenge via Debbie Mageed (Secrets to Stamping). She made the most beautiful lanterns as a design team member!!

I started out die cutting the pieces using various papers I thought would go together well. These die sets can have some confusing pieces so I'll usually check for a video. I found this one by Nichol Spohr sharing how to assemble the gift bag. I consulted it when I hit the piece that looks from the packaging to be like tissue paper. I wondered how it was assembled, given all the funny score lines. I had die cut it in vellum but mine was heavy weight and didn't want to fold. Nichol seemed to have the same issue with her cardstock. I finally decided to go for real gift bag tissue but did cut it out using the die and sorta folded along the score lines. Nichol cut 3 of this diecut so I did too. I didn't use the little gift tag included in the set, figuring I could do it later, even though it'll mean tying it on versus slipping onto the handle before gluing it down!!

After the gift bag was assembled, I decorated it using the For You dies included in the set plus a flower from Sunny Studio and pines from Spellbinders. Done - whew!! A bit fiddly but soooo worth it! I can see making a bunch of these for chorus friends at Christmas but it's unlikely we'll be able to have a large party by then, given the pandemic. Sigh.... Here's a photo of the bag with the gift card showing:


Since my gift bag die is newly used I'm also adding this to Darnell's NBUS Challenge. She's probably getting sick of me because I have oodles of NBUS needing love. Her challenge forces me to use it!! Thanks, Darnell, and thanks to the lovely women at The Sisterhood of Crafters for a fun challenge.

I'm glad you stopped to visit! Thanks & have a crafty day!!






12 comments:

Trina P. said...

What a wonderful and festive gift card holder. Great attention to details especially the tissue paper. Looks like another cool die set from Spellbinders.
And yay to checking off another item from your NBUS list. I’m pretty sure Darnell is happy to see your creations in her gallery. 😉

Debbie Mageed said...

Love this gift card holder! And, guess what?! I just ordered this die!! I haven't gotten it yet, but you have inspired me to use it as soon as I get it. Hope you are having a great weekend and having fun in your craft room.

Cat Craig said...

Linda, so darling! Love those fresh greens.

Jean said...

Wonderful gift packaging!

aussie aNNie said...

Most beautiful designed creation, the colours are stunning, love your Anything but a card creativity . Many thanks for joining us in our current challenge at The Sisterhood Of Crafters Challenge.. good luck with your lovely entry.[aNNie design team member for The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenges
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}


Thanks for following me too.,

Betty said...

darling gift bag, Linda - love the colors - might just have to pick up this die!

Vicki said...

This is so adorable, Linda! Green is my favorite color and I love striped paper. A great combination with that cute tassel on the handle. Thank you for your lovely comment on my Scrap-O-Dex card and for joining the Sisterhood of Crafters, "Anything But a Card" Challenge.

Darlene said...

Oh Linda this is just awesome! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Rosemary said...

what a sweet little gift card holder, linda! you really hit it out of the park with this one!

Lisa Petrella said...

What a gorgeous gift card holder!!! I love all of the fun and festive details!!!

Diane said...

Oh Linda this is awesome, it does look like an adorably cute gift bag and I absolutely love it! I too hit those Spellbinders sales and used to be a club member. Thanks for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood and thank you for stopping by my blog to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!
Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

Greta said...

What a fabulous project, Linda! Such a fun way to give a gc!