Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Masculine Birthday

Yay - it's the weekend! I was excited to get an email from Hero Arts saying that my August My Monthly Hero Kit was "out for delivery". When I checked the tracking status it said DELIVERED so I popped right out to my mailbox. Here's my first play with this fun kit about staycations:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Neutral A2 card; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; 
Authentique ; BoBunny Land of Wonder
Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Strips Birthday
Stamp - Hero Arts My Monthly Hero kit (with matching die) 
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints & Cloud 9 (retired);
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape

True confessions - the July kit is still sitting here; just opened it but that's it - no immediate need for an underwater card. I was extremely eager for the August kit, though, because I had a masculine birthday card to make for next week and I loved the guy in hammock image. Isn't he fun!! I snipped off the umbrella on the drink because the guy receiving this card isn't the umbrella drink type!! Tried a bit of the dot coloring Jennifer McGuire showed in this post - not good at it but I enjoyed it.

Now all my August birthday cards are made - yay! I'll add this to the Watercolor Wednesday Challenge (WWC) where it's All About Occasions #284; this is my third & last (limit of three). Also adding to Darnell's NBUS challenge since my hammock guy got his first inking today!

**Updates ** - also adding to Stamping Sensations and The Sisterhood of Crafters per Trina's referral. Both challenges have masculine themes and were announced prior to creating my card - thanks Trina; it's always fun to find new challenges! Also found the Daisy Chain Challenge where the theme is "For the Boys/Men".

Thanks to all for these fun challenges and thanks to you for stopping by! Have a great weekend!!

 Grab our badge to display on your blog.

 Please grab our logo Please Grab Our Badge!

Grab our Badge!!

22 comments:

Betty said...

what a fun scene for your guy birthday card -and the dot coloring adds so much!!

Trina P. said...

Yes, fun image and a fabulous masculine card.
You should enter this at Stamping Sensations and The Sisterhood of Crafters - both are asking for Masculine.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous masculine card Linda. It is superb. And I am so pleased you have joined us for my challenge at Watercooler Wednesday.

Darlene said...

Fabulous coloring & design Linda! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Cat Craig said...

What a great guy card! Love it.

Sally H said...

It is a fabulous card, Linda. Thank you too for taking the time to visit my blog. thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

Debbie Mageed said...

Hi, Linda! I am so glad to see your wonderful masculine card! I love how you colored it. Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you join us again soon.

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Linda, fantastic card and love your take on the male theme. Following you..care to follow me if not already? xx

aussie aNNie said...

Fantastic card, great colours and design, love your MASCULINE theme and technique. Many thanks for joining us in our current challenge at The Sisterhood Of Crafters Challenge..good luck with your lovely entry.[aNNie design team member for The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenges

brenda said...

What a great image for a summer and masculine creation, many thanks for joining in with our 'Make it Masculine' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

brenda said...

Meant to also say many thanks for popping to me blog.

B x

Marlies said...

A great Masculine card with a lovely Summer feeling Linda. Thanks for your visit to my blog and nice to see you joining us at Stamping Sensations too. Marlies

Viv said...

Well Linda, I am so pleased to see you at Stamping Sensations with your terrific masculine card! Thanks for joining in this month and hope to see you in all our future challenges! x

Birgit said...

What a great masculine card and just perfect for our challenge over at TSOC. You did a fabulous job coloring this relaxed fella! Thanks so much for linking up to our challenge and best of luck to you! Thank you also for visiting my blog and leaving me with some much appreciated encouragement. Blessings to you!

Vicki said...

Fabulous masculine card, Linda! Great colors and design. Happy to see this entered at the Sisterhood of Crafters. Thanks for joining our "Masculine" Challenge.

Jean said...

Absolute perfection - the coloring, the patterned papers, ...

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous masculine card and image,love the B.papers and thank you for the lovely comment on my blog
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Daisy Chain and hope you will come back again
Carol x

JD/ Jill said...


this is so cute! Really like that image. Great coloring. Wish I had that hamock

Tracy said...

Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations and for popping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Bonnie said...

What a special masculine card, Linda! Great job of coloring and I love the background!

Rosemary said...

perfect masculine card, linda!

pinky said...

Very cool card, he looks so relaxed. Lucky guy! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky