Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, October 24, 2022

Cozy Penguin

Quick post since I have a lot of music to practice for tonight's chorus rehearsal! But yes, I have another card for the HeroFest Holiday Cheer Card Drive!! I'm up to 19 cards since the challenge was announced on the 6th so I'm building a nice stack to donate - yay! I'll enter this card in the Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero's October Challenge Merry Everything.


Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; TH kraft metallic; Authentique Cozy
Stamps - Hero Arts Merry Christmas Messages 
Stamp/Die Bundle - Cozy Penguin 
Dies - Sunny Studio Snowflake Circle Frame (snowflakes);
My Favorite Things Oval Shadows ("ice floe")
Other - Copic Markers; Michael's gems

This is my second penguin from the new Hero Arts stamp/die bundle called Cozy Penguin. If you missed the first one, you can see him in a shaker HERE. This time I colored my Penguin & assessories quickly with Copics. I still have more penguins and accessories for future cards - woo hoo! 

Coincidentally I chose Authentique papers from their Cozy 6x6 collection for my cozy penguin! My sentiment circle is upcycled from a previous card - my aunt likes to return cards I send her after she accumulates too many! I used a silver oval shadow as an ice floe to ground my penguin - love that die set from MFT as I often comment :) Things still looked a bit bare so I added some die cut snowflakes to echo the background - done!

What do you think of my new wooden Christmas tree tray for staging cards? Just bought it this morning in the Target "Hot Spot" ($1, $3, & $5 items). It was among the $5 items and there's also an ornament tray I might pick up next time - so cute! I'm still sad they no longer carry $3 paper pads and $1 stickers for holidays but luckily I still have some in the stash (surprised? not!)....

Thanks for stopping by & happy crafting!!

 

12 comments:

!neke said...

Love this pinguin !!!!
groeten Ineke

Lin said...

Great design, Linda, with all the circles! And that penguin is pretty cute!

HilaryJane said...

Wow, you are on a roll. Love your snowy background and the cosy looking penguin. Those box cards are pretty special too xx

Jean said...

Absolutely adorable - the background nicely coordinates with the penguin.

Julia Aston said...

Oh what a fun snowy card - love all the snowflakes and that cutie pie penguin! What a great reason to make cards! xx

Lisa Elton said...

Another darling card to add to that stack!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Linda. Love this little penguin.

papierelle said...

Another cute penguin!!! He obviously feels comfortable on your nicely designed card.

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous penguin and a fabulous card Linda.

Cat Craig said...

Love the papers you chose for this cutie. So festive and fun.

Rosemary said...

there you go again with that cute penguin, linda! another sweet card.

k said...

Darling card. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge.