Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Leafy Fall Birthday

Hey there - hope you're having a great week! The leaves are falling at a furious pace, given the windy day. I gave up on raking them & came in to make cards!! But the leaves inspired me to play along with the October Let's Squash It! Challenge where Gail & Jo with guest Joanne have the theme of Trees and Leaves.

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Plum; Paper Studio Holiday (olive green);
Upcycled orange from a Hallmark card; 
Michael's kraft; Neenah brights (yellow)
Embossing folder - Sizzix Leaf Pattern
Dies - Hero Arts Autumn Leaves;
Elizabeth Craft Designs Holiday Special Kit;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop
Other - Creative Expressions Wordies Sentiment Sheets Birthday;
Black Soot & Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks 

The leafy embossing folder was another "almost free" item at Hobby Lobby - I bought it a couple weeks ago and just yesterday embossed a piece of upcycled Hallmark card that I'd die cut. It's a 3d folder and I absolutely love how it embossed! Then I spotted the new LSI challenge & knew my leafy panel would be used right away. I brought out the pattern by inking here and there with Spiced Marmalade using my finger as a dauber. I die cut 3 Hero Arts leaves (love this set!) and was going to call it done, then I read Trees & Leaves. Hmmm, do I need both? Oh well, added a die cut tree to be on the safe side. I just picked up the Wordies sentiment strips yesterday while on a shopping trip to Anchor Paper, my local paper warehouse. Trust me, that's not all that came home with me!

This card will go to my dad so I didn't add a bunch of gems and things. Kept it simple for a guy. Since my ef is new, I'll also add this card to Darnell's October NBUS challenge. Gotta love that challenge for making me use all this crafty stuff!

Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!!

 

15 comments:

Dawn T said...

fabulous card Linda. Great use of your new folder and that addition of the tree is perfect.

papierelle said...

All the colors of autumn on one card... awesome!!
Did you get my email?

Angelnorth said...

I think you’d have been safe without the tree (Jo’s sample uses just leaves) but I think it’s the perfect balancing addition for your design Linda! That leafy EF looks fabulous, how lovely it was a bargain as well! Love the combination of autumnal colours, I never think of adding purple but it works brilliantly.

Lin said...

What a great mix of all these fall motifs, Linda! Love the single birch tree!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow this is gorgeous Linda, love your colours and all the texture, a fabulous Autumnal card.

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful Fall colors, and I am liking all the embossing a lot!!

Dotty Jo said...

A beautiful Fall card, Linda! I recognise those leaves, and love how they look against that gorgeous folder. Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It! Jo x

Jean said...

The colors! The texture! The design!

Cat Craig said...

I agree with Jean...a wonder of color and texture.

Trina P. said...

Beautiful. Amazing texture.

HilaryJane said...

I am slipping again, but I have read and caught up with your posts. You are having great success with your purchases recently. I love this one, so much texture and such wonderful colours xx

Sue - said...

That is a lovely embossing folder, just perfect for autumn cards. Thank you for sharing at NBUS.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A wonderful design with amazing textures and colours! A masterpiece!

Greta said...

I'm behind & see you've posted a million more cards--haha! I do love that embossing folder & your pretty card!

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous card Linda. Love that leaf embossing folder in orange. So rich and lovely. Fab card. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It!