Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, October 14, 2022

A Poinsettia Quad Window!

Welcome - I'm back with another poinsettia card for the October Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; 
BoBunny Winter Getaway; Poptone Black;
Paper Studio Holiday & Glitter cardstock; 
My Favorite Things Very Merry
Dies - Sunny Studio Window Quad Circles 
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
Sizzix Joy (from a retired stamp/die set)
Other - foam tape

In my earlier post for the Kickstart challenge, I mentioned it not being Christmas card-making season without my Hero Arts Paper Layering Poinsettia set. Well, same goes for my Sunny Studio's Window Quad Circles set! I just love this set and pair it with a little freebie flower that you can find in with Sunny's Basic Mini Shapes 4 set. It makes a fabulous layered flower! Today I'm using the window part for only the second time. You can see the non-Christmas card I made with it back in 2020 HERE. If interested, you can search my blog using "quad" to find more Christmas versions using the flower.

First I die cut pieces for four flowers using red cardstock & green and gold glitter cardstock, then assembled. Next I trimmed a 3 3/4" square panel of BoBunny striped paper & die cut the Quad Circles into it. I also die cut a red circle with part of the quad and a layering circle with my Hero Arts set. Next I die cut several layers of black Joys and a topper Joy of green glitter; I assembled leaving a bit of black as a shadow. I die cut the MFT Christmas text paper with an AJVD stitched dot rectangle & adhered to an A2 card. Adhered the quad window square with foam tape & added three flowers and sentiment. 

What to do with the bottom part?? Hmmmm.... I tried a couple gold glitter strips alone - ugh. Tried with a black strip between the gold - better. With the sentiment taking up one of my circle windows, I had the 4th flower left. Added it to my black strip - finally liked the arrangement. Done!

That's entry two of a possible three for Kickstart and I already am planning card three. Just received my October Spellbinders package and found loads of poinsettia stuff inside!! Don't laugh - I haven't even opened September's box yet.... 

And here's another version of a card using the Hero Arts September 2022 My Monthly Hero kit (you can find my other two HERE). On this one, I stamped the urn bouquet in black which I like better than the brown we used in the Make-Along last weekend. We cut off the urn bottom to make a pumpkin vase during the Make-Along; I left it intact here. I stamped the background with Versamark, rather than Forest Green ink, and used a few darker Copics than last time. Another Thanksgiving card done - only two more to go! The kit contains some gorgeous rub-on urn bouquets and I plan to use them - saves some coloring time - LOL.


Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!


11 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Great use of patterned paper and those cute little poinsettia dies. I love all the sparkle and colours and how you have filled the space at the bottom of the card xx

Cindy C. said...

Very cute Christmas card, that last poinsettia placed on the bottom is perfect!

papierelle said...

I love poinsettias and would also like to take part in this challenge. Your card turned out so beautiful again, the little poinsettias are adorable!!

Trina P. said...

Adorable poinsettia card. And another wonderful card with the MMH kit.

Jean said...

Your paper choice works wonderfully with the design! Repetition for the win!

And the Hero Arts card nicely showcases the focal image.

Rosemary said...

oh that poinsettia card is so pretty, linda. the coloring on the second card is wonderful.

Angelnorth said...

The poinsettia card looks great, you’d never know you struggled with the layout! Lovely colouring in the thanksgiving bouquet!

Dotty Jo said...

Terrific card, Linda! I really like the colour combo and the design - looks great. Thanks for joining Janet and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

JoAnn said...

Love your pretty poinsettia card. The die cut windows showcase them perfectly and the background paper is perfect. Love the strips of gold and black at the bottom also. TFS

Pia S said...

Beautiful little poinsettias, I love how the background layout design looks like it could have been made of washi tape strips or ribbon, very decorative paper. Plenty of traditional Christmas feel with this card. And the thanksgiving card image is just wow, such an elegant design.

Cat Craig said...

Your poinsettias are so festive and the blooms are gorgeous. Lovely cards.