Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, October 23, 2022

Penguin Box Card and Vintage Rocking Horse

Happy Sunday! I'm playing along with My Favorite Things current Outside the Box challenge where they do box cards!! This month it's Happy Holidays. I made my first ever box card a couple weeks ago with my new Up Level set; see it HERE if you missed it. When I found the MFT Outside the Box challenge I knew I'd have to try another box card. 


Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Paper Studio pink; 
My Favorite Things Holly Jolly
Dies My Favorite Things Outside the Box Level Up
Stamps - Hero Arts Holiday Sentiment Strips
My Favortite Things BB Holiday Penguins &
Merry Everything (retired) - sentiment
Other - Hero Arts lacquer; Copic Markers 

Here are a couple more views of the box card - such fun!!

 

And here's another card for the HeroFest Holiday Cheer Card Drive!! I'm on track making at least one card per day until I need to mail them. Cards need to reach Hero Arts by November 18th & will go to the Bay Area Rescue Mission.


Today I played with yet another new item from the Hero Arts October add-ons box - Merry Rockin' Horse Bundle. I stamped and die cut the rocking horse image and colored with Copics. Added it to a card with some vintage Authentique Christmas papers that included the little boy. The sentiment is another strip from the Holiday Sentiment Strips set. A Copic blob on my horse meant he needed some dots - I think he looks cute this way!! I'm adding my rocking horse card to two challenges - Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero's October Challenge Merry Everything and Darnell's October NBUS Challenge since I used more new products for the first time. 

Thanks for stopping by & happy crafting!!






 

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

They're both delightful, Linda! I've never done a box card. You knocked it out of the park!

papierelle said...

These cards look really great because the stagger makes them come alive. And you have chosen very cute fellows for your card.

Julia Aston said...

Love your box card! such fun images on the layers of it!

Dawn T said...

Such a cute box card Linda. Love it

Rosemary said...

super cute set of cards, linda. the box card is especially cute!

k said...

Fabulous cards. Love the details on each one. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge.