Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Holiday Pattern with Embossing Paste

Hello! I'm back with another card for the HeroFest Holiday Cheer Card Drive!! Hero Arts hopes we'll send handmade cards to distribute to the Bay Area Rescue Mission in December and, as I've mentioned already, my goal is to make at least one card per day until I need to mail them. Cards need to reach Hero Arts by November 18th. 

Today I'm playing with another new item from the Hero Arts October add-ons box - Holiday Pattern Stencil.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Paper Studio maroon & green glitter
BoBunny Winter Getaway pattern
Dies - Hero Arts Nesting Infinity Circles & leafy sprigs from
Stencil - Hero Arts Holiday Pattern Stencil
Other - Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste;
Black Soot Distress Ink; Hero Arts pearls (retired)
Peace label from a past Taylored Expressions kit




I applied embossing paste through the stencil & let dry. I globbed on one side so that part got trimmed off. Glued the panel to an A2 card, added a strip of patterned paper & a label sentiment sticker atop a white circle. Looked a bit bare so I had the idea to die cut some green sprigs similar to the ones on the sticker. A die from the new Wishing You Tree bundle fit the bill. It's meant to die cut an outline to a stamped sprig but I think it looks great alone! I made the exact design for my own stash.

I'm adding my card to two challenges - Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero's October Challenge Merry Everything and Darnell's October NBUS Challenge since I used more new products for the first time - woo hoo!!

Thanks for stopping by!!



9 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful card for a great cause!

Lisa Elton said...

I like those little bright green sprigs! This is charming, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Linda. You have been busy.

Cat Craig said...

I love the texture the paste adds along with some shine. Lovely.

Rosemary said...

fabulous tone on tone background. another wonderful design, linda!

Trina P. said...

So pretty. It’s refreshing to see the embossed paste background.

Pia S said...

Beautiful colors and loving the glazed look of the paste.

Sue - said...

Love the embossed background. A lovely card. Thank you for sharing at NBUS.

Michelle Lupton said...

Beautiful card! Thanks again for playing along with Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero :)