Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, October 21, 2022

Watercolored Floral Birthday Card

Hey friends - it's my turn to post at Die Cut Divas today, sharing the card below. We're sponsored this month by the amazing Altenew with the challenge theme of Watercoloring! As always, just be sure to use a die cut &/or embossing folder in your design.

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; 
Unity black; scrap of green
Stamps - Altenew Floral Frame (sentiment) 
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop
Watercolor Bundle; SSS sentiment strip; Park Lane gems;
black Sharpie & pencil



Our lucky random winner from eligible October entries will receive a 100%
discount code for an Artists' Watercolor 24 Pan Set (value $49.99)!!

I finally had a chance to play with a floral panel from Altenew's coloring book. I bought the entire bundle as a 2021 birthday present to myself ; yep, it's been waiting over 18 months to be used! The images to color are printed on watercolor paper so I just pulled out the 24 pan set & brushes (also getting first use) and went to work. I used varying amounts of water to apply color & shading. Then I used a black pencil for some shadows and a black Sharpie here & there to finish it off. I'm ok with the result, even though I'm definitely no expert. I cut the panel down to fit atop a diecut mat & adhered to the card. I stamped a sentiment and fussy cut, then added to black and fussy cut a mat layer. Some gems and a little Happy printed sentiment strip finished it off.

I will also link this card to Darnell's October NBUS Challenge since my watercolor set has finally made it off Mount NBUS - Whew!!

Ready for a bonus? Since I had the coloring book out, I simply selected another fabulous floral & watercolored it. Again, I added a few details with a sharpie & some shading, then distressed the edges with Black Soot & glued the die cut panel to an A2 card. Stamped a different sentiment from the same set as above & added some gems - done!

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card
Stamps - Altenew Floral Frame (sentiment) 
Other - Altenew Florals Coloring Book and 
Watercolor Bundle; Black Soot Distress Ink; 
Hero Arts Forest Green Ink; Park Lane gems;
black Sharpie, white gel pen

On this one I added a lot of white gel pen. I was heavy handed with the black Sharpie in a couple spots so I tried to disguise them with white. That led me down the garden path adding more and more white, oh well...

Thanks for stopping and I hope to see you in the October Diva Gallery! Link up your project by 9pm Pacific Time on 10/31/22. Happy crafting!!

 

11 comments:

papierelle said...

Both cards are stunning!!! I also have some coloring books with such beautiful motifs. I just need more time!!!

!neke said...

Great cards !!!
groeten Ineke

Lin said...

2 beauties, Linda! Must check out that coloring book!

Trina P. said...

These are beautiful. Your watercoloring is gorgeous. This watercolor book is on my wish list.

Jean said...

Lovely watercolors! Gorgeous color choices.

Cat Craig said...

marvelous job on the watercoloring, beautiful cards Linda.

Lisa Elton said...

Two lovely cards, Linda and wonderful coloring!

Dawn T said...

Two stunners Linda. Gorgeous cards and you did so well with your watercolouring.

HilaryJane said...

Don't fret, they are both fabulous. you should watercolour more often xx

Cindy C. said...

Both so beautifully colored!!

Rosemary said...

Lovely set of cards, Linda. The watercoloring is so pretty.