Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, October 16, 2022

HeroFest Holiday Cheer Card Drive!

Hey there - it's a HeroFest Holiday Cheer Card Drive!! Hero Arts seeks handmade cards to distribute to the Bay Area Rescue Mission in December and I'm determined to make at least one per day until I need to mail them. Cards need to reach Hero Arts by November 18th. 

Since they announced it on 10/6, I should already have 11 cards, right? Well, I didn't get started until yesterday.... Here's my "masterpiece" for today:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Paper Studio green & red;
Michael's kraft
Stamps - Hero Arts Holiday Sentiment Strips
Dies - Hero Arts Snow Globe Window, Santa's Sleigh
Stencil - Hero Arts Sprinkled Dots
Other - Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste; Copics;
Tim Holtz Distress Stains - Tarnished Brass & Vintage Photo;
Speckled Egg Distress Ink




I couldn't resist the add-ons for the October MMH kit; I bought the package deal and it just arrived last week. I'm still processing sets, sniping apart dies, etc. but I hurried to use the Snow Globe Window Fancy Die set. Don't you have snow globes already, you're asking? Yes, but I love the detailed base on the latest Hero globe!!

Steps:
* Die cut shadow layer twice, score one near the top and adhere the other for a card base.
* Die cut globe layer three times, entire thing once in white, then just the base portion in kraft & the bottom half of the globe in white.
* Ink blend for sky on the globe layer & stencil Sprinkled Dots using embossing paste. Let dry.
* Paint the kraft base portion with Tarnished Brass stain; once dry, add some Vintage Photo. Glue to the white base layer.
* Trim the globe bottom into a hill; adhere to globe once dots are dry.
* Die cut 3 green trees & a red ribbon from Santa's Sleigh Fancy Die set. Add details with gel pen.
* Die cut a Small Penguin Tag & trim off the loop at top; color with markers.
* Stamp the tree from Holiday Sentiment Strips & die cut with the Sentiment Strips Fancy Die.
* Assemble the globe onto the card front made from the outline die. Done!

Here's a side view:


And here are two quick cards for the "catch-up" process. 


I used a retired HA snowflake die along with an outline die that belongs to an old HA woodblock stamp I have around here somewhere. I thought the outline would make a cool base layer. I glued each snowflake to its base, then righthand one got black ink on it so I carefully fussy cut a shadow. Then just decided to add it to a stitched rectangle (paper from Sunny Studio's Joyful Holiday). I will make a bunch more of these - so quick & easy but still nice looking, I think. Those sentiment strips from the tree set will go a long way on holiday cards!

I'm adding my snow globe to two challenges - Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero's October Challenge Merry Everything and Darnell's October NBUS Challenge since I used many new products for the first time - good for me!!

Thanks for stopping by!!



12 comments:

!neke said...

Love this !!!!
great card !
groeten Ineke

Jean said...

These are all three fantastic. The extra touches on the penguin card make it a real "wow!"

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty little snow globe! The base on it is so eye catching. Three wonderful cards, Linda!

Pia S said...

This is the cutest penguin, love the white details added to him and the trees and the sparkly snow. It’s a beautiful snow globe design. And love the size and shape of your snowflakes, super cards. I like a card drive, only managed to find some in the US so far, I think its more in the culture there, but I think it’s a really nice initiative and means a lot both to those giving and receiving. I’m cheering for you to reach your goal of one card a day:)

papierelle said...

I loved these snow globes as a kid, but even now I can't resist their fascination. Especially when you show us such a pretty specimen.
Your snowflake cards look great too. Simple but noble.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous snow-globe card Linda. It's fabulous. And love your two snowflake cards.

Cat Craig said...

Oh that is so beyond cute!

Cindy C. said...

Sweet cards!!

Kate Deignan said...

Great card! Thanks for entering the challenge!

Rosemary said...

super cute card, linda. that little penguin is too cute!

Sue - said...

A super snow globe card! Thank you for sharing at NBUS.

Ceal said...

what a cute card! thanks for staying crafty with us at Hero Arts!