Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, October 30, 2022

Peace Dove

Happy Sunday! I raked for a couple hours yesterday and that was all I could manage - whew! At least I got the side of the house done (neighbor's large tree dropped leaves everywhere!). Thankful my arms don't hurt & I was right back to making cards this morning.

I've been trying to use Hero Arts products for my HeroFest Holiday Cheer Card Drive card but they said any brand will do. Great, because I received an order from My Favorite Things and was eager to play! Here's today's card for the drive:

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinder's A2 Card; TH Jewel Kraft Metallic;
BoBunny Woodland Winter 6x6; Hero Arts Glitter Paper Basics;
Paper Studio Holiday (greens) and vellum
Dies - My Favorite Things Peaceful Dove, Peace & Peaceful Greenery
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop
Other - Paper Studio gem; Black Soot Distress Ink

I was enabled by my friend Lin (Sending Hugs) to purchase the MFT Peaceful Dove. You can see her gorgeous creations that inspired me HERE & HERE. I love how she added a second wing behind so I did the same but cut mine from vellum. The bird and other wing is Hero Arts glitter paper (love!). I also bought some accessories - the PEACE die and greenery. After die cutting the word PEACE from blue metallic, I found that the negative would be gorgeous as a sentiment. I thought to put vellum behind it but the BoBunny paper I used had ombre birch trees that faded towards the bottom - perfect for my concept. I didn't have any small black gems or beads for the dove's eye so I colored a clear one with a black Copic. Very quick and easy - done!

I finished my card around 1p but I'm slow to blog it because I had lunch with a storytelling classmate. Our "homework" from last Thursday was to pair up during the week and discuss the stories we're working on. Only Kate raised her hand that she wanted to pair up so I jumped in too - didn't want her to not have someone! We met for a late lunch about halfway between our suburbs - great food and conversation. We sat there for over 2 hrs!! All set for our final class this week. :)

I'm adding my card to the Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero's October Challenge Merry Everything and also to the 700th Allsorts Challenge Any Special Occasion. I played for the first time yesterday based on Hilary's (fiddling about) inspiration - fun challenge! And also to Darnell's October NBUS Challenge since my MFT dies are newly used today.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll pop by tomorrow for the last day of our Watercoloring Challenge at Die Cut Divas. I'll save tomorrow's HeroFest card to blog along with Tuesday's card.




 

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely, Linda! I like the trees in the background!

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Linda. This is card is wonderful. I might have to CASE this one.

brenda said...

A really elegant Christmas card. Lovely to see you at our 700th challenge at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Lin said...

Beautiful design, Linda, and I especially like the birch woods as a background! Thank you for the shoutout, my friend. Your storytelling class sounds fun!

Jean said...

A gorgeous combination of elements - a stunning card!

HilaryJane said...

Such a lovely calming card. Well done for getting that raking done. It is the time of year when you can resent neighbours trees because of the work they generate. I always enjoy the trees until there are leaves to clear up! I don't have any trees in my garden, well that's not quite true, I have one very tiny tree that isn't as tall as me, but still spend huge amounts of time clearing up leaves. xx

Rosemary said...

You have been a very busy crafter, Linda. I took a stroll through your last few posts and Hero Arts is going to be overjoyed to receive all the amazing cards you have created! Loving all the shades of blue that you used on this pretty card.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful card and message, thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Ellibelle said...

A great design and wonderful choice of colors!
Thank you so much for joining in with us as we celebrate 700 challenges at Allsorts this week!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Cat Craig said...

Ohhhhh Linda, this is beautiful.