Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Christmas Trees for Let's Squash It!

Welcome back! I'm playing along at Let's Squash It! for the October Trees and Leaves Challenge - my third and final entry. Today I'm using a new-to-me Sizzix embossing folder that I found on discount (not quite free, darn it) last week at Tuesday Morning (an overstock store). Their crafty stash isn't what it used to be but I was delighted to find the ef.

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; Paper Studio green;
Penny Black Holiday Trimmings 
Dies - Hero Arts Nesting Circle Infinity Dies
Embossing Folder - Sizzix Christmas Tree Pattern
OtherTaylored Expressions sentiment stickers (retired)

I first tried the ef using a piece of lime green heavyweight cardstock die cut into a stitched rectangle. I matted it with a darker green and added to a yet a different green A2 card with a strip of Penny Black paper. Added a Taylored Expression sentiment label (from a kit a few years ago) matted onto a die cut circle of the dark green. Done - very quick and easy!

Next I made another card for the HeroFest Holiday Cheer Card Drive. This time I embossed a stitched rectangle I'd die cut from TH jewel metallic paper. I sanded it a bit but it didn't turn out as pretty as I'd hoped, oh well. I added some glitter strips to another PB panel and used the Christmas Holidays Stamp & Cut XL die again (green shadow with the turquoise metallic topper). Added a snowflake from Sunny Studio and an Altenew enamel dot (thanks to Diva sister Cindy for sending them!). Another quick and easy card.





I'm adding my Joy card to Darnell's October NBUS Challenge since my ef is new, and the Happy Holidays card to Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero's October Challenge Merry Everything.

Thanks for stopping by!!



11 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Linda, loving your creations for your Christmas card stash and cheer drive. That EF is fabulous.

HilaryJane said...

By a strange coincidence I have just acquired that EF too, not on discount for me though, shame. It is just fabulous and I love how you have used it here. It goes so well with that paper and it is green so it ticks all my boxes xx

Angelnorth said...

That’s a beauty of an EF, I really love the deep impression on the zingy lime green. Two lovely cards Linda!

Jean said...

Terrific design that can easily be used to create very different cards. Great find from Tuesday Morning!

Lisa Elton said...

I like those embossed trees, these are terrific!

papierelle said...

That is an extraordinarily beautiful embossing folder. The effect is impressive, edited or not.

Dawn T said...

Fabulous cards Linda. Both versions are delightful

CinnamonSally said...

Love your new EF Linda, looks great embossed with that gorgeous lime cardstock. two great cards.

Dotty Jo said...

That EF is adorbs, Linda, and so versatile too. Love both cards. Thanks for getting squashy with us again, Jo x

ionabunny said...

Oooh, what a lovely folder and bargains are always good. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It!

k said...

Beautiful card. Love the festive colours. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge.