Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, October 20, 2022

Leafy Tree Birthday Card & more Holiday Cheer!

Hi everyone - I hope you're enjoying your week! The leaves in the yard continue to pile up but I'm back with another couple of cards! First up, a fall birthday card for my sister-in-law using a new Sunny Studio Autumn Tree die set. Just came in the mail yesterday - yay, perfect timing!! 

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Orange (from some MMH kit) Paper Studio green;
Neenah white; various scraps including upcycled orange from a Hallmark card; 
Embossing folders - Darice Clouds & Grass
Dies - Sunny Studio Autumn Tree; Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop
Other - Creative Expressions Wordies Sentiment Sheets Birthday;
Hero Arts inks; B000 Copic Marker

Both embossing folders were still upopened in the ef drawer until today. I estimate having had them for over 6 years - oops! I die cut a white stitched rectangle & then a green one. I inked the cloud ef with blue ink so I could get a sky behind the cloud. Where it didn't "take", I filled in with a blue Copic. I trimmed the green panel with a Lawn Fawn hill border and then embossed with the grass ef. Die cut the tree from brown and from a scrap of variegated kraft paper, plus a bunch of leave from more scraps. Assembled the scene & added a Wordies sentiment strip cut into two pieces.

This makes my second card for the October Let's Squash It! Challenge where Gail & Jo with guest Joanne have the theme of Trees and Leaves. I'll also add it to Darnell's October NBUS challenge. I think this is a record for using something new so quickly (I die cut the tree right away last night)!

And yes, I have another card for the HeroFest Holiday Cheer Card Drive!! This makes 15 cards since the challenge was announced on the 6th. I'm on track to make at least one card per day until I need to mail them. Cards need to reach Hero Arts by November 18th & will go to the Bay Area Rescue Mission. I'll enter this card in the Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero's October Challenge Merry Everything.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Hero Art glitter card;
Bo Bunny Altitude 6x6
Stamp/Die Bundle - Cozy Penguin
Stamps - Hero Arts Holiday Sentiment Strips
Dies - Hero Arts Sentiment Strips &
Nesting Oval Infinity Dies
Other - Copic Markers; shaker mix from Sunny Studio (I think)

I used a new Hero Arts stamp/die bundle called Cozy Penguin. Didn't I just buy a stand-alone penguin die, you ask? Yes, but the stamp set has cute accessories - hats, a sweater, a scarf - couldn't resist it! I stamped everything on white except the sweater (scrap of Penny Black paper) and colored with Copics. The snowflake was stamped in pink ink and added to the sweater. I cut a frame using 2 HA ovals and a back layer too. Added my penguin to the back layer along with a snow hill. Put acetate behind the frame and created the shaker. Added the sentiment - done! I also stamped & cut more penguins and accessories for future cards. Oh & by the way, I finished a second gingerbread house yesterday for my own stash. The second one took a lot less time since I knew what I was doing!

Thanks for stopping by & happy crafting!!

 


11 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Two fabulous cards! Love so much how you mixed the two embossing folders for the grass and the cloudy sky, and the tree adds also more texture with his variegated paper!
Your shaker card looks delicious and so cute, you have had a lot of patience wearing the penguin! :)

HilaryJane said...

I am so impressed that you are achieving your one card aa day challenge and also managing to post them as well. They are all very impressive. i am sorry not to be able to visit each one individually, but i have admired them all from a distance. Keep up the good work xx

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful cards, Linda. The tree is a fall delight and your wintry shaker is such fun.

Jean said...

What a fantastic fall birthday card! And the penguin in a snowstorm is wonderfully layered and fun!

Lisa Elton said...

6 years... oh my goodness LOL!! Your put them to good use, Linda your fall card is lovely! Love the delightful penguin shaker, so sweet!

Angelnorth said...

Lovely autumn scene for LSI, love the combination of EFs and good to know I’m not the only one with years old unused stuff! That little penguin is adorable!

Trina P. said...

Two wonderful cards. The fall card is so cute and your holiday card is adorable.

Dotty Jo said...

I thought I'd commented on your lovely card, Linda! Sorry I missed it first time around. Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It! Jo x

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous autumn scene Linda. Love the bold colours. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It!

BreAnn Loveland said...

So pretty!

Jennifer Kotas said...

Both cards are wonderful! Thanks for joining the stay crafty challenge!