Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, October 29, 2022

Happy Holidays with Snowflake Background

Happy Saturday! Another quick card as I'm off to rake leaves - sunny & 58F here so a beautiful day for it! I only planned a couple hours this morning to make and blog this card & I see it's already past noon already - I'd better get going!

Here's today's card for the HeroFest Holiday Cheer Card Drive. This time I used the fabulous Hero Arts Snowflake Pattern Cover Plate. My glitter cardstock piece was just a tad bit smaller than the cover plate and my border cut uneven because of it. No worries! I added glue here and there to the back and adhered the panel to a 4 x 5.25"  stitched rectangle so that no border section hit it. Then I trimmed off any excess. Adhered the panel to an A2 card along with the Happy Holidays sentiment (from Christmas Holidays Stamp & Cut XL - love it!) cut three times - topper, dimension & shadow. I added the sentiment to a vellum outline so as not to cover up my gorgeous snowflakes to much. Very quick and easy!

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 Card; TH Jewel Kraft Metallic;
BoBunny Altitude 6x6; Hero Arts Glitter Paper Basics
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop;
Sunny Studio Snowflake Circle Frame (added snowflakes)

That cover plate die cuts the HA glitter paper like butter (I did use a metal shim since so detailed). It's so shimmery and gorgeous in real life. If you'd like to see another example of the snowflake cover plate, go HERE - love this plate!!

I'm getting to the end of my BoBunny Altitude paper (from years ago) and I'm sad! That woodplank with soft snowflakes made a nice background for the cover plate snowflakes. Wish I would've stocked up!



I'm adding my card to the Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero's October Challenge Merry Everything and also to the 700th Allsorts Challenge Any Special Occasion. My friend Hilary is a guest designer and I spotted her lovely card this morning. Have never played there before so thanks for the inspiration, Hilary & rest of the Allsorts team! Congrats on your 700th challenge - amazing!!

Thanks for stopping by!!



9 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Linda, how kind you are. Here I am reading about your wonderful card and see my name mentioned. Thank you, I am so pleased to have introduced you to Allsorts challenge, I hope you become a regular. Your card is gorgeous and I can imagine the amazing sparkle. You should feel pleased that you have almost used up that PP after all we have so much of it and another favourite pack will come along to take it's place xx

Jean said...

At first glance, I thought you had stenciled the snowflakes.
The die cut snowflakes look fantastic on the woodgrain!

Dawn T said...

Just fabulous Linda. It's a gorgeous card.

Dena J said...

Love the sparkle of the snowflakes on that background! Many thanks for joining the Celebration 700th challenge at Allsorts.

brenda said...

How lovely to have you join in with our Allsorts 700th challenge celebrations and so pleased you found us, many thanks. I do hope you will join us again.

B x

Lisa Elton said...

I like the rustic look this has and all of those pretty snowflakes!

Linby said...

Love this - the snowflakes on the background is a wonderful idea. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts 700th celebration.

Cat Craig said...

Love the wood background behind the flakes, so wintry and festive.

Michelle Lupton said...

Love your textured background! Thanks for playing along with Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero :)