Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, October 17, 2022

More HeroFest Holiday Cheer Cards!

Hi all - I'm back with more cards for the HeroFest Holiday Cheer Card Drive!! Hero Arts seeks handmade cards to distribute to the Bay Area Rescue Mission in December - cards need to reach Hero Arts by November 18th. 

I plan to make a card a day until I have to mail them. My first cards were done yesterday so I was already behind since Hero Arts announced the drive on 10/6. So I made some more snowflake cards last night, plus a quick card with a tag I found in my stash (added the Merry Christmas strip).

This morning I made this little nutcracker card. To keep it simple I left him as a silhouette.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Paper Studio maroon & silver;
BoBunny patterned
Stamps - Hero Arts Nutcracker Bold Print
Dies - Hero Arts Vintage Toys
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Simon Says Stamp Peace Love Hope Joy
Stencil - Hero Arts Sprinkled Dots
Other various Distress Inks; Michael's star gems

I used another item from my October MMH add-ons box - the bold print stamped in Versamark on the maroon paper. Very subtle but so pretty! Another newly used item came from a 2021 purchase that landed on Mount NBUS - the nutcracker from HA's Vintage Toys die set - adorable!

Here's a shot of my "catch-up" cards. I'm now totally caught us so can just make a card a day for the drive. I'm also trying to make a few similar ones for my own stash as I go along.


Supplies: Paper - Parklane A2 cards; Paper Studio glitter;
BoBunny & Penny Black patterned
Stamps - Hero Arts Holiday Sentiment Strips
Dies - Hero Arts retired snowflake & outline; Sentiment Strips
Stencil - Hero Arts Sprinkled Dots
Other various Distress Inks



I'm adding my nutcracker to two challenges - Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero's October Challenge Merry Everything and Darnell's October NBUS Challenge since I used a few new products for the first time. Thanks for stopping by!!



9 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Linda, I love the nutcracker as a silhouette, so unique.

Jean said...

Super cute nutcracker and your variations of the snowflake are so much fun!

Lisa Elton said...

You're on a roll, these are all wonderful!

Dawn T said...

How fabulous is this one! Love that Nutcracker. A gorgeous card Linda. And what a great stash of cards you are collecting.

Cindy C. said...

Love the white Nutcracker!! Bravo for a lovely collection of 'catch-up'cards!!

papierelle said...

I'm a big fan of nutcrackers and yours looks gorgeous.

Pia S said...

It never stops to amaze me what just a change of color can do. You made many similar snowflake designs, but they don’t look similar at all as they have different colors. I tend to always go the safe route with snowflakes, keeping them white, but all your color choices actually work perfectly. And the nutcracker card is fantastic, with this design he’s perfect all white. Well done!

Sue - said...

A great card for a good cause! Thank you for sharing at NBUS.

Michelle Lupton said...

Wonderful cards! Thanks for playing along with Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero, and for donating to our card drive! :)