Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, September 12, 2022

Vintage Home Scene

Hi all - I'm back with another home themed Christmas card for the September Christmas Kickstart Challenge. I was inspired by Elf Tina (Treebug) & her vintage inspiration card.

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; Neenah white:
Paper Studio Glitter; BoBunnySnowfall
Stamps - Hero Arts From the Vault Winter Joy &
MMH 11/2019 (sentiment)
Dies - Spellbinders Fancy Edged Ovals (retired);
Other - Park Lane gems;
Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Antique Linen & Tea Dye

I started by stamping two of the images from the Winter Joy set onto a white A2 sized panel. I connected the two by drawing hills between them with a Sharpie. Decided to cut the panel into an oval. I was set to use it in white with a grey scalloped mat when some brown snowflake paper from BoBunny called to me. The white oval was too stark so I vintaged it up with some Distress Ink and matted on a glittery brown scalloped layer. The "sky" needed something so I added a snowflake cluster from the snow globe die set. Stamped & fussy cut the sentiment, then distressed it too. Added some gems - done!

Another Christmas card for the stash - yay! Thanks for stopping & happy crafting!



7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Oooooo, what a beauty! I love this, Linda, and I know Tina will too. Gorgeous everything! I wish my inspired by card could be this card! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Wonderfully nostalgic, Linda.

Jean said...

Wonderful vintage feel with your color choices. I'm impressed with your freehand drawing of the hills!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cozy winter scene! This is charming, Linda!

Cindy C. said...

This vintage looking card so beautiful!, love the color combo!

Pia S said...

This card jumped right at me, love its vintage vibe, love the blue and brown colors. It's a gorgeous design, Linda.

Rosemary said...

love all the vintage elements on your pretty card, linda.