Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Cards for a couple of holidays

Hi all - it's my turn to post at Die Cut Divas today! This month we're celebrating holidays - that would be ANY holiday! For full challenge details, go HERE.

Of course, I'm still trying to get this year's Christmas cards done so here's one featuring new-to-me dies by our wonderful November sponsor Kat Scrappiness (KS). They have donated a fabulous prize package to be awarded to our random winner from eligible (US address only - sorry) November entries.


Supplies: Paper - Pink & Main Jolly;
Paper Studio Holiday; vellum;
Tim Holtz Kraft Metallic
Other - Hero Arts Sparkle Lacquer; BG70 Copic


I covered an A2 card with a tree patterned paper from Pink & Main's Jolly 6x6 pad. Added a reverse scallop frame, then the layered tree, star and sentiment. Colored the snow edges with a Copic and added sparkle lacquer - done! Kat Scrappiness dies cut like butter and are a joy to work with! I'll probably make a few more of this design since it came together so quickly. The tree die set also contains a bunch of little bauble dies but I chose to leave them off this time.

For my bonus, I made my final Thanksgiving card for this year. I used a long time fave KS mini slim diamond wire frame. 


Supplies: Paper - Tim Holtz Classic Cardstock
Doodlebug Designs Swiss Dot Rainbow Petite Prints;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Hero Arts Thankful (c2010 retired) &
Thankful for You (c2012 retired)
Other - Copic Markers

I created a mini slim top fold card from TH cardstock, then added a die cut diamond wire frame (cut from another shade of TH cardstock) that I'd backed with dotted paper. Stamped four of the Thankful images on Neenah white, colored with Copics and fussy cut. Stamped the sentiment on a scrap of orange & fussy cut. Arranged the elements on the card and adhered with glue and foam tape - done!

That's it for today. Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you in the November Diva gallery by 9p PST on 11/30/23; just remember to use a die cut or embossing folder in your design - use of Kat Scrappiness isn't required.






10 comments:

papierelle said...

A simple Christmas card and a very cute Thanksgiving card. Very nicely colored. The card will bring a lot of joy.

Viv said...

Your Thanksgiving card is lovely Linda and the wonderful tree is a terrific Christmas card! x

crafty-stamper said...

Love the images and Autumn colours of your Thanksgiving card,and beautiful die-cut tree.
Carol x

Cat Craig said...

So festive, both cards are sure to bring smiles.

Jean said...

Both are quite fun - I like the snow layer on the tree and the wire frame is a very cool background for the Thanksgiving card. Wonderful details!

Lisa Elton said...

Your Christmas card is charming and those pilgrims are adorable! Two terrific cards, Linda. Happy Thanksgiving!

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful cards Linda. Love the gorgeous Christmas tree and what a cute Thanksgiving card. Have a lovely Thanksgiving Day

HilaryJane said...

Two lovely and very different cards. I hope you enjoyed your thanksgiving day xx

Rosemary said...

Wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas cards, Linda. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

Greta said...

Love the look of that tree & such a sweet Thanksgiving card!