Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, November 30, 2023

More Holiday Cards with Kat Scrappiness!

Last day of November - yikes! You only have until 9pm PST today to enter our Die Cut Divas All About the Holidays Challenge - hope you can join in! I'm part of the end-of-month Diva team providing some last minute inspiration. 

Maybe you're ahead of the game and will share a Valentine or an Easter card but I have a Christmas card using a new-to-me frame die by our wonderful November sponsor Kat Scrappiness (KS). 


Supplies: Paper - Park Lane gold card; Recollections pastel glitter cardstock;
scrap of marbled vellum & ivory cardstock;
Tim Holtz Big Tidings; Birch Press Design Felicity Snowflakes
Other - foam tape; Paper Studio gold stud stickers;
Gold Hero Wax


Our random winner drawn from eligible November entries will receive a
KS prize package worth $100!  (US address only - sorry)


I die cut the KS snowflake frame from a pale pink glitter cardstock, then die cut the interior with a rectangle for an open center. Adhered the frame to a gold A2 card. Next I diecut the TH Noel - outline was cut from vellum and ivory (which I layered) & the word was cut from LF Speckles. I die cut the word twice and trimmed off the N and E, adding gold Hero wax to the edges. Once dry, I layered these letters onto the base word. Wanted the definition on just those two but wondered if I should've added gold to the other letters - oh well.... Next I die cut 3 mini snowflakes and added them to the O's center. Adhered the NOEL to the center of the frame using foam tape, then popped some gold dots to the center of each snowflake. The marbled vellum looks a bit odd in the photo but it's not as bad in real life...

I was able to pick up the TH Big Tidings set at my favorite local store during their Black Friday sale - woo hoo! I had tried to resist but my friend Lin (Sending Hugs) wore me down by sharing all sorts of beautiful creations using this set - see them HERE.

I'm adding this card to Darnell's November NBUS Challenge since my frame and word dies are new. I'll also share at the November Christmas Kickstart Challenge since I used non-traditional colors.

For my bonus, I made another Christmas card using the adorable KS Joy die. I substituted a snowflake for the O this time. Such a simple card, with just a few die cut elements - it would be easy for last minute cards.


Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders A2 card;
Paper Studio Bo-Ho-Ho & Holiday;
Hero Arts white glitter cardstock;
scrap of parchment
Birch Press Design Felicity Snowflakes
Other - foam tape

That's it for today. Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you in the November Diva gallery! Just be sure to link up by 9pm PST today & use a die cut or embossing folder in your design! No need to use Kat Scrappiness products but, if you have some, we'd love to see them.


 



11 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards and love the dies.
Carol x

Dotty Jo said...

Stunningly beautiful cards, Linda! No wonder you 'caved'! Ha ha ha! Thanks for joining the fun again at Christmas Kickstart - so happy to have you play along, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Lovely cards, Linda.

Jean said...

Both are wonderfully festive and fun!

Trina P. said...

Fabulous fun and festive twofers.

Lisa Elton said...

Two terrific cards, Linda! Those blogging friends sure are enablers, aren't they!!

papierelle said...

I really like it when it's not the traditional Christmas colors.

HilaryJane said...

Great cards. It is so hard to believe that it is actually December already xx

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful cards Linda. Love them both

Greta said...

Two great cards, but I really love the first one in my favorite colors! I'm admiring it on my shelf as I write this--thank you & Happy Holidays, Linda!

Rosemary said...

Wonderful set of cards, Linda. Really love the first one, though, with that big and bold NOEL!