Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, December 2, 2023

November 2023 Card Chain Reveal

Hello everyone! Are you ready for December holidays?? I'm not - too busy with our chorus winter show today (3pm at the Masonic Heritage Center in Bloomington if you're in the Twin Cities USA)!

But first, it's time to reveal cards that went 'round the world for the November Card Chain Challenge! Thirty-two people participated and you can see the full reveal HERE. My card went to dear Michaela (Bastelmichaela's Kreative Unikate) in Austria.


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Pitch Black;
Spellbinders A2 card; Lawn Fawn Petite Perfectly Plaid;
Recollections Purple Passion 4.5x7" 
Stamps - Divinity Designs Mini Tag Sentiments
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop;
Kat Scrappiness A2 Stitched Strips;
My Favorite Things Blueprints 21 (retired)
Other - Hero Arts Grape Juice Ink & Sparkle lacquer;
Black Soot Distress ink; Recollections gems; foam tape

We had the following options for creating our cards:

Color Palette Option



Sketch Option



Theme Options: Winter / Indian / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Scraps / Quilling


I used the colors, sketch, & themes of Indian & friendship. It wasn't specified what kind of Indian so I went with Native American Indian, using a new dreamcatcher die set. I had loads of black scraps so was able to use that technique option too. If you haven't tried Hero Arts premium pitch black cardstock, it's yummy!!

Just die cut all the elements, stamped a mini sentiment and assembled. The dream catcher feathers have foam tape behind and all feathers have some sparkle lacquer. I added some gems to the bead area of the dangles. Done!

I received this card from Dagmara [(P)otworki] in Poland. I sent to her in October and was delighted to have her reciprocate with this beauty! I just love the image and her gorgeous coloring of it!!


Interested in joining the Card Chain? So simple to make and send one card, then you receive one card - so fun!! Go HERE for details & to sign up for the December Card Chain by 12/6/23.

Thanks for stopping & happy crafting!!


16 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hi lovely Linda, just look what you created for our challenge. I love this card. Thanks for being a lovely link in our chain again, Jo x

Ellibelle said...

A beautifully done card following the sketch and so well done with the color combo too!

Jean said...

What a fun take on the theme. Have a lovely performance!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the Dreamcatcher and colours.
Carol x

Gail said...

Great card!
The dream catcher is stunning!
Cute card from Dagmara!

Dawn T said...

What a beautiful card. It's fantastic Linda.

Bastelmichaela said...

Thanks for the beautiful card,
it looks really great. I wish you a nice 1st Advent.

papierelle said...

Really beautiful idea to use a dreamcatcher. Love it!!

Lisa Elton said...

I remember my late SIL liking dreamcatchers and your purple one is lovely! Terrific card, Linda!

Julia Aston said...

Oh, I wish I lived nearby so I could hear your group sing Linda! I can imagine how busy it keeps you with rehearsals and performances! Love this dream catcher with the lovely detailed hanging feathers! Julia xx

HilaryJane said...

I just congratulated Dagmara for using Indian as a theme thinking she was the only one, but no you have too and what a brilliant idea you had. It is a fab card. Well done xx

Greta said...

Your dreamcatcher card is neat! Great use of all the prompts for CCC!

Robyn Oliver said...

A gorgeous card Linda... great use of the colours and sketch, Robyn

Rosemary said...

What a fabulous take on the sketch and colors, Linda!

Dotty Jo said...

Just dropping by again... This time to say thank you for your beautiful card and the little extras! You are so sweet and kind. Thanks so much, Jo x

Trina P. said...

Popping by to wish you a merry Christmas! Thank you for inspiring and support on my blog and the MB blog.
Pretty purple dream catcher card.btw. 💜