Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Last day for Flowers at Die Cut Divas!!

Happy New Year's Eve!! Today is the last day for our Die Cut Diva December Challenge to use Flowers. You only have until 9pm PST today and remember to include a die cut &/or embossing folder in your design!

I'm part of the last-of-the-month team posting inspiration at the Divas HERE with this first card. I used a new Altenew Press Plate!

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders Pebble Betterpress A2 Cotton
Paper Studio Navy A2 card
Press Plate - Altenew Hummingbird Nectar
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Inks - Spellbinders Betterpress Black and Cosmic Sky
from the Regal Tones pack 
Other - Sakura gelly roll pen

 

Altenew has donated a generous $50 gift certificate to our December winner
(awarded by random draw from eligible December entries).

From mid November to Cyber Monday I enjoyed ample time to place online orders from various companies having sales. I took advantage of one at Spellbinders to pick up a Betterpress but hadn't had a chance to use it until yesterday. Then I went to Arizona for the Christmas holiday and while there, placed an Altenew order for a press plate bundle. I found it waiting for me when I arrived home on the 28th & whipped up the card using the hummingbird plate and my new Betterpress. Here's a shot of the card with the set up.


This card couldn't have been simpler & look at the results! My first attempt at Betterpress and it turned out perfectly! Literally as easy as popping the plates down onto the Chase (a magnetic platform), inking them up, applying the paper which is taped to the Platen (cover to put over the Chase) & running it all through Spellbinders Platinum 6. I die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle, glued it to an A2 card and added some gold glitter pen to the bird's beak & the flower centers - done! Best thing - the set up remained firmly in place and could be reinked for more cards! Trust me, I made multiples!

Bonus!! I made another simple card using one of Altenew's darling mini stamp sets:

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane gold A2 card; Neenah white;
Lawn Fawn Petite Spiffier Speckles
Stamps with Dies - Altenew Mini Dogwood;
Poppystamps Say It Big
Other - Copic Markers

I'd barely opened my accumulated mail Thursday night when I decided that Friday needed a trip to my favorite local craft store Anchor Paper. Sure enough, they had post Christmas sales with 20% off all holiday & Spellbinders. Picked up some of both, then I popped a sweet Altenew mini set into my cart. These sets are such a great value! As promised, I used my new Altenew Stampwheel - picked it up during one of their November sales but hadn't tried it yet. Here's a photo of my mini Dogwood on the wheel stamping the 4th flower. 


This was the second batch of flowers I stamped. To stamp the ones on the card, I'd laid the stamp out more on a curve, hoping to create a wreath. Didn't space it quite right so I ended up die cutting the three clusters with the coordinating die. Not sure if I'll die cut this batch or try to add in smaller stamps for a background. Both cards feature newly used stuff but I'll just add card one to Darnell's December NBUS Challenge.

That's it, friends! Before you head off to your New Year's Eve party, I'd love to see your flower project in our December Diva gallery! I'll be dining early with some friends trying to beat the crowds - lol.

Thanks for stopping by & many thanks to Altenew for being a fabulous sponsor!!


 

6 comments:

Jean said...

Gorgeous projects! The Better Press is definitely on my "to buy" list. Happy New Year!

Gail said...

That is a great card!
Looks like a die to me!
I'll have to study up on the Betterpress!
Happy New Year!

Lisa Elton said...

You can't beat a good crafty sale! Great purchases, Linda and pretty cards! Happy New Year!

HilaryJane said...

Love that betterpress card. I got one for Christmas and hadn't quite realised that Altenew make plates too, so thanks for that info. I think the stampwheel will be on my birthday wishlist. i look forward to seeing more from you using both these fabulous tools. Happy New Year xx

papierelle said...

I hadn't heard of this technique before, but it looks nifty and it actually seems easier than you think.

Greta said...

Love the elegant looking hummer card & the sweet floral one, too! Sounds like you're going to really enjoy have the Betterpress!