Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

December 2023 Card Chain Reveal

Hello & welcome! Today we're sharing cards made for the December 2023 Card Chain Challenge. Despite December being a busy month, twenty-seven people participated - you can see the reveal chain HERE. My card went to the talented Julia (Create with Me) - first time for me to send to her - yay! 


Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders A2 card; BoBunny Winter Getaway;
Paper Studio bronze glitter cardstock; Neenah white
Stamps - Hampton Art Ellen Krans Penguin Holiday (c2008-retired)
Stamps with dies - Colorado Crafty Company Cozy Cat
(dies sold separately HERE)
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
My Favorite Things Fine Finish Edge (retired 
but found HERE at Frantic Stamper)
Other - Avery Elle Holiday ephemera (c2019-retired);
American Crafts jewel brads (c2011); embroidery floss DMC825;
paper ribbon & button by unk

The CCC offered a challenging 5x5 tic-tac-toe grid with a "B" words - yikes! I went with the bottom row BLUE-BRADs-BEAR-BUTTON-BRONZE.


Like other participants who shared their design process with me, I found one thing I wanted to include and went from there. I used one of my favorite BEAR stamps which has made several appearances in the Card Chain. Last December's chain he had a purple scarf; this year I gave him a BLUE one. 

Did you find the BUTTON?? I had the idea to give the knot in his scarf a button - isn't it cute? I thought I remembered a snowflake button in the jar & hoped it was small enough - perfect!! After stamping, coloring and fussy cutting Mr. Bear, I used embroidery floss to stitch the button to the scarf, knotting on top and trimming for a bit of fringe. Added him to an Avery Elle ephemera tag.

Next, the hunt for BRADs - an old fad but I knew I had some. Where?? Managed to find 3 packages, all unopened in an embellishment box and, thanks to my friend Heather (Stamping and Stitching) I had some with gem centers that looked BRONZE to me. To be on the safe side, though, I used some bronze glitter paper too, die cut with a zig zag edger. I remember there being some kind of tool to nip off the brad progs but I don't have one. I just arranged to fit them under the paper and tried to smash them as flat as possible! I used a sweet sentiment from a Colorado Craft Company set, stamped a holiday sentiment inside, assembled & done!

There you have it - all five items included - fun challenge! I was delighted to get a card this month from Ellie (Ellibelle's Corner) in IL - first time from her - yay! Don't you just love the delicate wreath & delicate blues? I do!! Thanks for the card, Ellie, and the wreath die cuts - I'll share what I make with them, promise!


Want to join in? You can sign up for the January chain HERE by 1/6/24 - just make and send one card, then receive one card - so simple!

Thanks for stopping & happy crafting!!


12 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

I'm loving all the comments about the killer 5 x 5 TTT! So funny. But, hey, you certainly rocked this challenge, Linda, and look at the beauty you've made. Thanks for being a link in our chain, Happy New Year! Jo x

Ellibelle said...

What a cute card you made following the tic tac toe row. Love how it turned out! It definitely was a big challenge in December but so fun! Glad you liked the card I came up with. I had another image in mind at first but then found the wreath die and decided it was perfect :)
Happy New Year!!

Gail said...

Tic Tac Toe was a challenge!
You handled it beautifully!

Julia Aston said...

So thrilled to be the receiver of this wonderful card Linda! Your bear is just adorable with his snowflake buttoned scarf and your mix of snowflake patterns is so pretty! And thank you for all the images you sent me to play with! Wishing you a Happy Crafty New Year! Julia xx

Jean said...

Super cute bear and the patterned papers look fabulous with him (her?)!

papierelle said...

Your card is really lovely and soooo cute!!! Gundi x
DotMCC
Dream Factory

Rosemary said...

The card you made for the CCC so cute, Linda. The little polar bear on the tag is just the sweetest!

HilaryJane said...

Well done for including all 5 elements. I admit, I did have to search for the button. Your polar bear looks so warm and cosy in his scarf xx

BAstelfeti said...

Your Card is so sweet. I love the Bear.

Happy New Year sent BAstelfeti

Greta said...

You made such a sweet card! Great choices from the TTT board!

Arlene said...

So very cute! Love that bear.

Imke said...

Linda, this is totally cute and you did a great Job with this Challenge.
~Imke