Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Last Day for Die Cut Divas January Challenge!

Hi all - it's the last day of January so you only have until 9pm Pacific Time today to enter our January Die Cut Diva Challenge featuring something never before used on a project. I'm part of the last-day-of-the-month team posting inspiration for the challenge. 

Whimsy Stamps has generously donated a $15 gift voucher - to be awarded Feb. 3rd to the winner of our random drawing from eligible January entries. Thank you Whimsy! Here's my card using some of my Whimsy stash for the first time:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Park Lane A2 card
Stamps - Whimsy Stamps Peekaboo Dots
Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black; Hero Arts Bermuda
Other - May Arts string twine; foam tape;

I stamped some of the newly used Peekaboo dot circles with black, some with Bermuda & some with black then Bermuda over top. The birthday circle was stamped in the cascade but then again separately. The separate one was cut with two circles to make a little washer. After die cutting the panel with a rectangle, I added string to the washer and put it over the stamped one with foam tape. Adhered the panel to an A2 card & added some enamel dots - done!

I'm adding my card to Darnell's January NBUS Challenge since my circle stamps got first play here. I looked up when I bought the set - July 2022 - not hideously untimely for me - LOL! Also adding to the current Seize the Birthday Challenge using the Anything Goes theme. This card will go to a pilot friend & I think he'll love the graphic look of it.

How about a bonus? I'm sorry to say the Whimsy items I've used below for the first time have already been retired - it happens....too often to me.... At least I can say I've used them now!!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; kraft A2 card;
BoBunny Botanical Journal 6x8"; Paper Studio red
Stamps - Art Impressions Sweet Wishes MTF
Dies - Whimsy Stamps Card Builder Many Thanks & 
Handstitched Nested Rectangles (both retired)
Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black; Hero Arts Red Royal
Other - foam tape

I die cut the red mat using the rectangle in the Whimsy card builder set; it cuts holes that almost look like little hearts or arrowheads. Next I layered BoBunny botanical papers die cut using handstitched rectangles. They have wonky stitching and while retired, Whimsy still has a Wonky Stitched Rectangles set with double stitching. I have that set too but have used it before.

I die cut two birthdays and layered for dimension, then added to the pink rectangle that I'd stamped with the Valentine sentiment. The bird with heart and envelope came from the same AI set as the Valentine sentiment. I stamped and fussy cut it, then added to the pink rectangle with foam tape. This card will go to my friend Lynn who's my birthday twin!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope I've inspired you to join the Divas & hope to see you in the January gallery by 9pm Pacific Time today!




8 comments:

Dawn T said...

Beautiful cards Linda. Both cards are really awesome

Cat Craig said...

Great cards, the first works well for male or female and I love that you are giving something special to a birthday on a holiday card.

Rosemary said...

You have been on a roll creating some amazing cards, Linda! The first one is absolutely fabulous! Love the clean and graphic design. Card number 2 is so sweet.

HilaryJane said...

Two lovely cards, but for me the first one stands our. Love the colour and those dotty circles xx

Lisa Elton said...

Two fabulous cards, Linda! The first is heaps of fun with all of the circles. A great card for guys or girls!

Jean said...

Both are lovely cards! The combination of colors and pattern in the first one is very impactful. The second one has beautiful layers!

Nancy said...

Love the balance of color and design on your first card, Linda. It turned out just perfect with the greeting in a circle too. Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday!

shirley-bee said...

Fab circles card! I love how they’re cascading down, and the washer sentiment is genius! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳