Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Some Never-Before-Used Whimsy!

Hi all - I'm providing inspiration over at Die Cut Divas today with the card below. We're doing Never-Before-Used-Stuff for our January Challenge. My friend Darnell calls it "Schtuff" on her challenge blog NBUS, always using new! She coined the acronym and I play there often, otherwise I'd never use new schtuff - thanks, Darnell!! Here's my card using new Whimsy (not a sponsor but a $15 prize donor - thanks!):

Supplies: Paper - White (brand unk); Acetate;
A2 card from Paper Studio; Sunny Studio Rainbow Bright
Stamps - Whimsy Stamps Comic Book Page
Stamps with Dies - Whimsy Stamps A Bunny Birthday (retired) &
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Darice sequins; Copic Markers; 
SSS sentiment strip; foam tape; white gel pen

Diva Arlene (A Bit of This and That) sent me some stamp-offs of the Comic page, the ostritches (I used one of the four images here), and the birthday cake (plus some bunnies from the same set for future use). I have plenty of never-before-used Whimsy that I was ready to employ but I was taken with the cute ostriches. I thought one would make a fun birthday card for my friend Debbie.

I diecut the comic book page Arlene had stamped, then fussy cut the center. Inked the edges and colored with Copics, put acetate behind the window and created a shaker with foam tape & another rectangle (dotted paper from Sunny). Shaker mix was mostly sequins but there were some other random things in there like bitty hearts. Added the cake and ostrich, also colored with Copics, & a sentiment strip. Adhered everything to an A2 card - done!

How about a bonus? I love making ATCs (Artist Trading Cards), little works of art to exchange with friends. Years ago on the Hero Arts group, we had many ATC exchanges. I was taken with a group of Whimsy items designed with ATCs in mind & had to add them to the stash. Of course, they went onto Mount NBUS & I'm just finally using them!! First up - a trio of Ostrich ATCs:

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Latte (retired) & Bermuda; Neenah White;
Whimsy Ugly Sweater Slimline (retired); MFT Canvas
Stamps with Dies - Whimsy Stamps Hey Ostrich (dies HERE)
Dies - Whimsy Stamps Slimline ATC Windows Die Set;
CAS-ual Fridays Smile (NIB)
Other - Copic Markers; SSS sentiment strips

I love how the ATC die cuts two at a time, plus there are plenty of layering dies. Next, I made an ATC book box for them; here's a shot of the top, plus one of the ATC backs:

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Bermuda
Dies - Whimsy Stamps ATC Book Die Set
Stamps - Whimsy Stamps ATC Frames and Signatures
Stencil - Hero Arts Script
Other - Hero Arts Bermuda Ink & 

Here are a couple more views - side & open:



I like to leave the boxes detatched from the book so you can slide them out without wearing out the clasp & tab. I used some of the pop outs from the top's corners to embellish the label and tab. I'm adding my box to Darnell's January NBUS Challenge since my box die set is newly used, as is the ATC stamp set & die set - so fun!! 

Hope to see you at the Divas January Challenge too! Thanks for stopping & happy crafting!!



15 comments:

Rosemary said...

Wow! The card is so fun and absolutely amazing, Linda! The little ATC book and ATCs are pretty darn amazing, too.

Greta said...

Oh too cute! Love your coloring, Linda!

Cat Craig said...

Such fun, your box is fabulous and I love the info included on the backs of your atc's.

HilaryJane said...

Ha, these are great. You just have to smile xx

Dawn T said...

Amazing card and ATC's Linda. Such fun projects

papierelle said...

It's a really funny and cool card. I would like to see more work like this.

Jules said...

Hi Linda

A great post .. .. love your projects very much .. .. especially the little ATC holder! It would work for holding die cut embellishments too.
Hope you have had a good weekend and the weather hasn't caused you any problems.
Love Jules xx

Cindy C. said...

Super cute projects, the ostritches' smile sure made me smile too!

Rosmarie said...

Ha, your birthday card is just too funny, as are the ATCs! The ATC book box is a brilliant idea to keep them or for gifting! Rosi x
Dream Factory
DotMCC

Loll said...

Hi Linda. Thanks for the heads up about my card fitting the Die-cut Divas January challenge. Wanted you to know that when you leave a comment, you come in as no-reply blogger and your email isn't listed on your profile, so this was the only way I could contact you ... hope that's OK. Thanks again. xx

Jean said...

These are an absolute delight! I've never seen these images - very fun!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh, how fun are they! Cute shaker and terrific ATCs!

Julia Aston said...

Oh, I Love this book die Linda and the wonderful book you created from it! And such cute critters on your ATC's inside! Julia xx

Arlene said...

WOW, An ATC book holder and all those fun ostriches. WOW!

crafty-stamper said...

These are brilliant,love the fabulous fun ostrich,great shaker card and love those ATCs and book box too.
Carol x