Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Stenciled Floral Background

Welcome - I'm back with a final card (limit of three) for Just Us Girls Challenge #711 (Stencils). I was doing some crafty clean-up last night & ended up making this card:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Park Lane gold A2 card; Paper Studio Holiday; scrap of pink & vellum
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
(Love You dies in the Classic kit too but not the flowers) &
Inks - Hero Arts Soft Blossom, Azalea, Crimson, Red Royal, & Moss

I received my January MMH kit last week and used one of the sentiments and some of the camel watercolor paper included in the Classic Kit (I subscribe to the Premium Kits). While I was putting away the sentiment set, I spotted the stencils & decided to get one last JUGS card in.

Stenciled a piece of Neenah white using the 5 layering stencils and various inks (listed in supplies). I die cut the panel with an old stitched rectangle die and adhered it to a gold A2 card. Next I die cut the classic kit's large heart from vellum & the LOVE YOU 3 times - twice from red and once from gold. Layered the LOVE YOU and added to the heart, then glued the heart to the card with glue just behind the letters. 

When I received my kit, I had done a test run of all the flowers in the premium part of the kit - die cutting them using Neenah white. Decided a flower would be fun on each O but ended up offsetting them, rather than putting them in the O's centers. Next I used the smallest heart in the nested heart die set (a long-time fave) & cut from a scrap of pink. Added these to the flower centers. Easy peasy! The inside will have a Valentine sentiment so there's one more Valentine for the stash!

I'll add my card to Darnell's January NBUS Challenge since the MMH stencils were newly used. I'm also entering my card at the January Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge to combine old (stitched rectangle and infinity heart dies) and new (January 2024 MMH kit items).

Thanks for stopping by & happy crafting!!




17 comments:

Gail said...

What a gorgeous card Linda!

Cat Craig said...

Sweet, reminds me that spring is coming!

!neke said...

Great card Linda !!!
groeten Ineke

wienerhoneymooners said...

What a gorgeous kit it is!!! Fabulous card! Thank you so much for joining in the Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is a gorgeous card, Linda. I love the stencil you chose an they colors you used. The Love You sentiment looks great with the green layer, and I love those white flowers with the heart centers. Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

papierelle said...

It's really amazing that you made the background with stencils. It looks like designer paper. Great!!!

Lin said...

Beautiful, Linda! Love your floral background!

Lisa Elton said...

I love that our new stencil chaleange has inspired you this week, Linda! Another pretty card!

HilaryJane said...

I love the vibrancy of this card. Is that really a stencil? It looks fabulous xx

Trina P. said...

So pretty. Wonderful stencilling work. Makes me look forward to spring.

Greta said...

Very pretty!

Arlene said...

I love the flowers on top of the "Love You" die cut. Beautiful card.

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Linda. Lovely card.

Rosemary said...

The stenciled background is gorgeous and really sets off the die cut sentiment and flowers.

Jean said...

A real wow! What and amazing background for the impactful sentiment.

~amy~ said...

oh this is a beauty!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge!

Michelle Peckham said...

This is so beautiful! Thanks for playing along in the Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero.