Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Moodboard Valentine

Happy Hump Day, as we used to say at work! A very gloomy day here in the Twin Cities - perfect for staying in to make a card. I was inspired by Lisa (My Paper Tales) who selected a gorgeous moodboard for Just Us Girls Challenge #710. I meant to play along but the days got away from me & I was too late - sorry, Lisa! Here's my card anyway:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Lawn Fawn Knit Picky
Stamps - Taylored Expressions Big Heart (retired) &
Dies - Taylored Expressions Simple Strips
Other - Copic Markers (C0,2,5, & 7 and
 E13,35,51, & 53); foam tape

Here's the moodboard:


I drew inspiration from the heart, the sweater knit, and the white with kraft & grey shades - so serene! Simply stamped and colored the heart with Copics in the color scheme. Add to an A2 card covered with a piece of LF sweater print; sponged Lost Shadow DOI mixed with a bit of Black Soot on the edges. Had meant to emboss a panel with a sweater knit but do you think I could find that embossing folder?? Stamped the Valentine sentiment & added a subsentiment strip - done! I need Valentines so I'm glad I finished it even though I was too late for the challenge!

Thanks for visiting and have a crafty rest of the week!!


8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so happy my mood board inspired your beautiful card, Linda! Wow is that hear ever fabulous and I love your color choices! This is a wonderful Valentine!

Rosemary said...

Wow! That heart is absolutely gorgeous and the perfect take on the mood board, Linda. Bummer you missed the deadline as it looked like a winner to me.

papierelle said...

I'm really excited about how beautifully you colored the heart.

Cat Craig said...

Its too bad you were late (Happens to me often...lol) But WOW did you nail it. Gorgeous card, Linda.

Greta said...

Absolutely wonderful, Linda! Your coloring of that heart is amazing! Think I'm lucky you were too late to enter or I may not have won!

HilaryJane said...

I love this, those colours look amazing and what a shame that heart stamp is retired. Love it xx

Jean said...

Gorgeous colors! Very elegant Valentine.

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful zentangled heart Linda - I love the gray and tan colors and the subtle texture on your card base - a beautiful nontraditional color for a Valentine! Julia xx