Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Honey Jar Birthday

Hi everyone - welcome! I'm here with a birthday card using the Spellbinders January 2024 Large Die of the Month set.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah White; Paper Studio glitter;
Momenta Watercolor print; Michael's greens; vellum
Dies - Spellbinders Honey Bee Jar (no separate link yet)
Stamps - Divinity Designs Mini Tag Sentiments
Other - Park Lane Rainbow gems

Came home from the dentist yesterday to find my January Spellbinders box at the door - yay!! Unlike my usual delays, I jumped right into the box for the honey bee jar. You may know I'm not too fond of bees in real life but they're perfectly fine for crafting! I need a birthday card for my dear friend (another Linda) who has a February bday - she loves bee stuff!

I was inspired by the gorgeous cards made with this set by friends Jean (see it HERE) and Lin (see it HERE). I decided to create a garden scene in the jar, rather than fill it with honey. Made it a shaped (like Lin) card by cutting two jars and scoring the back one. I die cut everything except the jar, bee and leaves from a favorite watercolor print paper, mostly snippets. Stamped the sentiment on the die set's tag and assembled. Added gems to the purple flowers - done! You may see that my jar is shorter than either Jean's or Lin's - that's because I trimmed the lip of it off. I wanted my cover to sit lower on the "sky".

Since my die set is newly used, I'm adding my card to Darnell's January NBUS Challlenge. And I used many snippets so I'm adding to the current Snippets Playground Challenge where Anything Goes!

Thought I'd share a quick photo of a rolling drawer cart I bought for my snippets - neutral solids in top, remaining solids in middle, & patterns in bottom. I keep it right next to my Vagabond cart & it has a level top where my Betterpress & Platinum 6 can sit. I've been trying to cull down the snippets I have in cardboard boxes but I'm not making much progress - oh well....


Thanks for stopping by & have a crafty day!!



9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun way to fill that jar! This is delightful, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Linda. And love your snippet drawers.

Cat Craig said...

Sweet card, makes me want to see spring. Thats a lot of snippets. I have a little divided plastic envelope about 5X7 where I keep mine. I tend not to keep them if they are smaller than 2x2, but it took a long time to get there. lol.

HilaryJane said...

You have created a beautiful garden scene in your jar. It is always good to get something new used quickly. I love those dies. Thanks for sharing your snippets storage solution too. Great idea, but it is the nature of a snippets pile to keep on growing whatever you do xx

Sarn said...

An amazing card shape and your scene is brilliant. Great to see your snippets drawers too!

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Xxx

Rosemary said...

Your bee loving friend will absolutely love this fabulous card, Linda! Very clever to create a garden scene inside the card.

papierelle said...

This is a really adorable card and so beautifully designed!!!

Greta said...

Good for you using the die set right away! Turned out so pretty and clever to realize you could shorten it slightly for the right look! Thinking seriously of dumping a bunch of my snippets, but don't tell the snippets patrol!

Di said...

Great card and so good to see your snippets stash! I love how you organise it.

Hugs
Di xx