Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, January 26, 2024

Rock Trumpets on a Fence!

Hi friends - TGIF!! Since I was too late for last week's Just Us Girls challenge, I started right away on Challenge #711 to use a stencil. I immediately thought of a new-to-me Altenew bundle with stamps, stencils & dies - perfect for a stencil challenge!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah White; BoBunny Boulevard
Stamps with Stencils & Dies - Altenew
Betterpress w/Die - You Are Everything Sentiments
Dies - Papertrey Ink Picket Fence
Betterpress Ink - Cosmic Sky
Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black & Tim Holtz Lost Shadow DOI; 
Altenew Pink Pearl, Limeade & Bamboo; Hero Arts Moss
Taylored Expressions Pink Champagne & Pumpkin
Other - Copic C0 & C2

I stamped the Rocktrumpets image on an 8.5x7" panel of Neenah white, then used the 6 layering stencils to color it. Added some shadow with a couple C Copics, then die cut. Gotta say, it's a challenge to fit this large die in the Vagabond! I trimmed off two of the flowers and added them to the rest of the image. Added it to an A2 panel onto which I'd glued the picket fence. I used a deeper blue so the flowers would really pop. Thanks to Julia (Create with Me) for sending me some picket fence diecuts - so fun! I inked this one with a bit of Lost Shadow before gluing it to the blue panel. Trimmed off the excess and added to an A2 card.

Next, I pulled out a new Spellbinders Betterpress sentiment set. Inked with Cosmic Sky and die cut with the included die. This fabulous set presses, then die cuts all the sentiments at once - such a time saver!! I die cut a blue shadow for the sentiment using the same paper as the "sky" & added it to the card - done!

I'm also adding my card to Darnell's January NBUS Challenge since my Rocktrumpet set is newly used. And to current Seize the Birthday Challenge using the Anything Goes theme. Be sure to notice the gorgeous inspiration at all these challenges - thank you, thank you to the design teams!

Thanks for stopping by & have a crafty weekend!!





15 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Your garden looks great. I can't wait for spring. Thanks for bringing it into my craft room on this cold January evening xx

Leslie Miller said...

You've added gorgeous inspiration to these challenges yourself as I couldn't help but be drawn to your card. Flowers, die cuts, the fence... all part of a beautiful garden on your card! I love looking through the NBUS in Darnell's challenge!

Jean said...

A view of what awaits us in just a few months! Beautiful card.

Lisa Elton said...

I love everything about this, Linda! The colors, the flowers, the fence. So happy you added this little beauty to our Just Us Girls gallery!

Cat Craig said...

I love that fence. Great composition and the colors are fab.

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful flowers against the white fence Linda! So pretty with it all layered over that lovely blue! Julia xx

Trina P. said...

Beautiful! Awesime stencilling again.

ElizStewart said...

Linda... this a beautiful layered card! Thanks ever so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

Barbara said...

I have been late to the challenge a few times myself. I am so glad that you got going early for this one and a few more. I love the look of this card with the flowers in the forefront and the fence behind. A great design and thanks for joining in the fun at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Greta said...

Your card turned out so beautiful, Linda! Love your color choices!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the layering stencils and your card is awesome! I love how those flowers turned out. Thanks for sharing at JUGS and STB

Carol said...

Great stencils for coloring those flowers with your gorgeous color choices! The fence is a really good element and the teal card...all add up to a perfect card! So glad you joined us this week at Just Us Girls!

Nancy said...

Such a pretty card and not only are the flowers gorgeous, the added fence was such a nice touch. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Ina G said...

What beautiful big blooms in your garden Linda.Look so good in front of the white fence. Thanks for sharing at JUGS this week.

Rosemary said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous card, Linda! The flowers are beautiful.