Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, January 5, 2024

Birthday Animals!

Hey there - I'm continuing my trend of something different than the Christmas cards!! Up today - a birthday card, again using new products courtesy of the Hero Arts ShopBox Spring 2024*. I had a bit of a spree shopping locally on Wednesday...


Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Bazill A2 card;
Doodlebug Hip Hip Hooray
Paper Studio glitter
Stamps with dies - Hero Arts Birthday Animals Bundle*
Stamps - Hero Arts Events & Everyday Planner Icons (retired)
Dies - Frantic Stamper Slimline Frames
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape; 
Hero Arts Greens Enamel Dots & Iridescent Spray
embossed subsentiment from bits box

I couldn't resist the darling gator in the new Birthday Animals Bundle*. The sweet toad & turtle also came in this set, plus a bunch of sentiments & other critters and party stuff. Colored all the critters with Copic markers, then stamped some party confetti from the set onto the gator for some texture (maybe he has tattoos??).

I used the HAPPY & BIRTHDAY stamps from the set, as well as a bitty party hat for Mr. Toad (the other two had a party hat as part of the stamp). I thought a birthday cake would be fun riding atop Mr. Turtle. Found the perfect size in a 2016 Hero Arts planner set; stamped, colored & fussy cut the cake. 

I spritzed the top half of the card base (don't you love that blue?) with some shimmer spray. Got a splotch over to the right so covered it with the "make a wish" - it was an extra I'd stamped & embossed from the Dec 2022 My Monthly Hero Kit (sold out but you can see it on this post). Added some patterned paper and a glitter strip to the bottom half then added the critters. A label die gave me a spot for the bday sentiment along with some enamel dots - done!

The Spring products will be available on the Hero Arts site on February 14th & at select online retailers (including Simon Says Stamp where I shop all too often) starting January 25th. I'm entering my card at the January Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge to combine old (label die & bday cake stamp, Copics & paper) and new (Spring ShopBox items). Also linking up to Darnell's January NBUS Challenge since using my Spring items for the first time.

I hope to be back with more HA ShopBox tomorrow. Thanks for visting!



12 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Too cute, Linda and a very fun way to send happy birthday wishes!

Greta said...

Very cute images & card!

Dawn T said...

just adorable Linda. Great card

~amy~ said...

Shopping sprees are the best. I love your cute birthday design. Thanks for joining us for the Hero Arts Stay Crafty Challenge!

HilaryJane said...

Well at least you are using those things you bought in your spree. That's always good. What a cheery little birthday card this is. Love those animals and the bold blue background xx

Rosemary said...

What a fun birthday card, Linda! Those little critters look like they are having a great time!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Fabulous birthday card, Thanks you so much for joining us at Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge! cutest images!!!

Cat Craig said...

That’s such a fun birthday card.

Jean said...

A very fun and festive birthday card!

Hannelie said...

Such a fun and cheerful birthday card Linda!
Thanks for joining us at Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge!

Kate Deignan said...

So cute!! Thanks for entering our Stay Crafty challenge!

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute card! Thank you so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge.