Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, January 15, 2024

Reminder for Christmas Kickstart!

Hi everyone - It's reminder time for the January Christmas Kickstart Challenge - The Midas Touch!! I'm delighted to be Jo's elf this month and asked if I could be part of the reminder post with a new project. I can't seem to get away from touches of gold on my cards - LOL! 


Supplies: Paper - Park Lane gold A2 card;
Michael's green; Neenah white
Dies - Waffle Flower Postage Collage;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Inks - Tim Holtz DOI Tea Dye & Vintage Photo;
Hero Arts Cotton Candy, Red Royal, Green Apple, Forest, Gold,
& couple of light blues from old MMH kits
Other - sentiment strip from Taylored Expressions;
Park Lane gold gems; white gel pen

I'd seen some Divas use the Postage Collage die recently (Cindy HERE & Dawn HERE). I didn't have this die set but had purchased the Christmas stencil for it at my local store during after Christmas sales. It looks great by itself but with the die it's extra fun. Several online stores were out of it but I called back to Anchor Paper locally & they still had some. Off I went for a road trip to the western Twin Cities suburbs. Of course I couldn't just get one thing so you'll see more new stuff in the weeks to come....

The stencil set has 4 layers so I took photos of each in process to share; I used my somewhat new Waffleflower sticky mat:


You need to mask sections of the blocks to be sure colors don't transfer. I removed any masks before taking the photos. Since the collage die & stencils are new, I'm adding my card to Darnell's January NBUS Challenge. And remember, the Divas are asking for newly used stuff in January too - go HERE to enter.

That's it, friends! I hope I inspired you to join Jo & me with your touch of gold cards in the Kickstart gallery this month!!

Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!!


15 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a fascinating step-by-step guide to how you created your card. So much work in each little box, and it all looks so lovely! Thanks for being a brilliant guest yet again, Linda, I do enjoy it when you're our elf, Jo x

!neke said...

great card !!!!
groeten Ineke

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous. I am so tempted by this die and stencil set. Love waffle flower. Your card is so pretty. Hugz

Kate said...

Brilliant card - so many lovely details! The gold gems really bring it alive! Hugs, Kate!

Jean said...

What a delightful card. Thanks for showing the stencil steps.

JoAnn said...

Love your card Linda - so fun. Thanks for showing the photos with the stencils.

Lisa Elton said...

You are a guest extraordinaire, Linda this is marvelous! I love what gold adds to a card!

Cat Craig said...

Love love love!

Rosemary said...

Those postage stamp stencils and dies are so fun and you have created a wonderful card using them, Linda. Haven't bought any of those products, yet. Maybe one day.

Jeanne H said...

Well done on your postage collage card and your designing gig.

Greta said...

Love your stenciled card, Linda! I have to get a card made for the challenge, as I love using gold!

papierelle said...

I really like the stamp design and your card too.

Cindy C. said...

So beautiful!! And thanks for sharing the process with us.

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Linda. I love this set and stencil. It's a great set

Arlene said...

WOW, I love the card and all the stencils. The Christmas card turned out great!