Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, January 27, 2024

Cosmos Pair

Hey everyone - Happy Saturday! I'm back with a pair of cards using the new Spellbinders Cosmos Betterpress plate. While I was making yesterday's card, another new Betterpress plate caught my eye - a gorgeous background floral plate just released in January. So I thought I'd play in Just Us Girls Challenge #711 (Stencils) again. The Cosmos bundle comes with a 5-stencil layering set. Here's the first pair of cards I made with it:

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Camel Watercolor Paper;
Park Lane A2 cards; BoBunny Botanical Journal (scripty on right)
Betterpress w/Stencils - Cosmos Backdrop Bundle
Betterpress w/DieYou Are Everything Sentiments
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Betterpress Ink - Bark
Inks - Altenew Bamboo; Hero Arts Moss,
Butter Bar, Creamsicle & Tangerine
Other - shimmer brown envelope; Hero Arts enamel dots

I mentioned yesterday that the new Spellbinders Betterpress sentiment set is a plate & die that presses, then cuts all the sentiments. Since the Betterpress was out, I did 3 sets of sentiments. One of them was done using a piece of camel watercolor paper included in the January 2024 My Monthly Hero Kit. How I love this paper which looks & feels more like handmade paper!! 

Decided to do the Cosmos on a piece of the same paper, then colored it using the layering stencils and various inks (listed in supplies). The plate is slightly bigger than an A2 size so I chose a couple stitched rectangles to get 2 panels for the work of one. Matted them & added to A2 cards. The shimmery brown envelopes were a gift from Poppystamps - thanks, Dave! They are square envelopes which I would rarely use so I cut them up to use for lovely thin mats and shadows. Added a sentiment to each card  & some enamel dots on card 2 - done!

Here's an individual view of each card:



How do you like my new wooden heart display piece? Just found it today at Target - so cute & I love heart things!!

I'll add the pair of cards to Darnell's January NBUS Challenge since my Cosmos set is newly used and card one to the current Seize the Birthday Challenge using the Anything Goes theme. 

Thanks for stopping by & happy crafting!!




16 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I haven't seen the betterpres plates with stencils, they look fabulous. I will have to look out for them over here. Love the colours you chose and getting 2 cards for the price of one is always good xx

Julia Aston said...

What lovely Cosmos stampings - so pretty in the shades of orange with the light green leaves - two beautiful cards created!

Lin said...

These peachy/apricot colors are so appealing, Linda! Beautiful designs!

Trina P. said...

Lovely duo and beautifully stenciled.

Deb said...

Love these cards. Very eye-catching colors and great layouts.

ElizStewart said...

Linda... a second beautiful card! I haven't gotten into foiling or betterpress, but I have to say these cards are gorgeous... and the colors you chose are perfect. Again thanks ever so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

Cathy said...

Very pretty cards. Not seen much about the betterpress but it looks divine! Gorgeous choice of colours. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, I love these! They're absolutely beautiful, Linda. I think I'm going to be forced into buying this set, it's fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls again!

Cat Craig said...

Both cards are beautiful, I am drawn to the layered and matted one. Those bits of black add such lovely drama.

papierelle said...

The two cards are beautiful, I really like these floral patterns. I understand that the flowers are designed with 5 different stencils, but I still don't understand how the dark contour is created.

Greta said...

Love how different these 2 cards look using the same floral product! Both are beautiful!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Another fabulous floral couple of cards! Thanks for joining in at jugs and stb

Nancy said...

I am in love with this set and happy to see these gorgeous cards for more inspiration. I love your color palette and the added script background was such a nice touch. Thanks for playing along again at Seize the Birthday.

Ina G said...

What beauitiful softly blended blooms here Linda. Love the colours and that awesome background. Thanks for adding to our gallery at JUGS.

Rosemary said...

Two absolutely gorgeous cards, Linda! The color palette is beautiful.

Jean said...

Wonderful color choices that work so well with the florals!