Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

The Midas Touch at Christmas Kickstart Challenge!

Welcome! It's my second post for today - if you're looking for the December 2023 Card Chain Reveal, go HERE.

As we start our new year of Christmas card making, I'm delighted to be Jo's Elf for the January Christmas Kickstart Challenge - The Midas Touch!! You may remember the story of King Midas who turned things to gold with a touch? Well, we're doing it to our Christmas cards this month - just be sure to include something golden on your entry. Here's my take:


Supplies: Paper - Park Lane gold A2 card;
various BoBunny holiday 6x6 patterned papers
Dies - Penny Black Birds On A Wreath;
Other - Copic Markers; Joy die cut from bits box (retired Sizzix)

If you read my earlier post, you'd know that dear Ellie (Elliebelle's Corner) sent me a couple of the wreath die cuts she used on the gorgeous card she sent me in December. I colored a wreath while watching some holiday movies and used gold for the bells. Had thought about using it on a birthday card for a friend's Christmas Eve birthday. Then I remembered I need my elf card for Kickstart so I made it a Christmas card instead. Thanks again for the die cuts, Ellie - you really saved me in the busy holiday season!

That's it, friends! I hope to see your golden cards in the Kickstart gallery this month!!

Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!!


16 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Linda, thanks for being my first elf of 2024! I love your card so much, and your 'pop' of gold is perfect. Happy New Year hugs, Jo x

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous inspiration card Linda, look forward to playing along this month!

Ellibelle said...

Absoluely LOVE how this turned out! Simply wonderful! So glad you liked the die cuts!

Viv said...

Fab card Linda!

Jean said...

Fun combination of colors and elements!

Cat Craig said...

sweetly festive

papierelle said...

I'm very happy for you that Jo chose you as an elf. Your card is adorable and I love the delicate elements. Gundi x
DotMCC
Dream Factory

Rosemary said...

Lovely card, Linda. The cute little bells add that perfect touch of gold!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like those little bells! This is lovely!

Dawn T said...

Congrats on your guest elf spot. Love this card - perfect for the challenge.

HilaryJane said...

Congrats on being guest Elf this month. Now I understand that comment you made a while back. You are so good at regularly entering Christmas Kickstarter. I don't know how you do it. it is always lovely when you get to use something that a fellow crafter has sent and on a DT card makes it even more special. Love those little birds too xx

Trina P. said...

Congratulations on being the guest elf at Christmas Kickstart! Fabulous card. The birds are so tweet.

Greta said...

Oh what a sweet card & love that wreath!

Arlene said...

I love the gold. You must have the Midas Touch.

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful wreath Linda, the gold bells sure are a Midas' touch. Congrats on being Guest Elf this month on Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

lichazul said...

great card!! congrats, have a beautiful week ☺️💐