Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, January 4, 2024

Spring Bunnies

Hello friends - something different today than the Christmas cards I've been sharing - a Spring card! 

I had the opportunity to do some crafty shopping at my fave Twin Cities stamping store Anchor Paper. They have participated in the Hero Arts ShopBox program in the past but missed the final one of 2023 to my disappointment. But they're back into it for Hero Arts ShopBox Spring 2024, giving me early access to new Hero Arts not yet available online. Here's my first card with new Spring goodies*:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Paper Studio A2 card;
Lawn Fawn Petite Watercolor Wishes
Stamps with dies - Hero Arts Spring Bunny Bundle*
Stamps - Hero Arts Rain Texture Bold Prints*
Dies - Hero Arts Butterfly Foliage*;
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape

Aren't those bunnies just the cutest?!! If I remember, I will add links to the Spring products once they're available on the Hero Arts site (February 14th). Hero Arts also mentioned that Simon Says Stamp (among other places) will offer the new release online starting January 25th.

Process:
  • Stamped the rain texture onto a piece of blue LF Watercolor Wishes, then die cut with a stitched rectangle (in this case, an old well loved one from AJVD). 
  • Die cut a piece of lime green with the foliage die, then with the rectangle
  • Adhered the two pieces. 
  • Added some Copic detail to the grass & leaves. 
  • Die cut the butterflies from some scraps.
  • Die cut bunnies and sentiment, saving the negative.
  • Use negative for stamping the images in the MISTI.
  • Color images with Copics
  • Assemble card using liquid glue & some foam tape 
As usual, I had die cut all bundle elements creating a template. Then I use the negative and pop the die cuts in for stamping. For the first time ever, after buying hundreds of stamp/die sets, the dies cut the mirror image, rather than the stamped image! I made use of the items I'd die cut, though, by flipping them and my template to stamp on the underside. Not as smooth as normal but, hey - it worked & I was able to finish my card. I reported the issue to Hero Arts who will send me new dies when available.

I'm entering my card at the January Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge to combine old (stitched rectangle, Copics & paper) and new (Spring ShopBox items). Also linking up to Darnell's January NBUS Challenge since using my Spring items for the first time.

One more note - the photo of my card was taken with my new Shot Box, picked up at Michael's during their post Christmas sale. It definitely diminished shadows since it was fully dark when I took the photo but I expected a better result. Oh well, I'll keep trying!

Have a crafty day & thanks for stopping by!!



12 comments:

Greta said...

Fun to see bunnies in January! This is darling, Linda!

~amy~ said...

Such sweet bunnies. Love your project Linda.
Thanks for joining us at Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero!

Dawn T said...

Just delightful Linda. A gorgeous card.

HilaryJane said...

It is so nice to see signs of spring already and such lovely spring colours xx

Jean said...

Lovely spring card. How fun to have a shopping trip to a brick and mortar store!

Andrew Granick said...

What a fun card!

Rosemary said...

Sweet spring card, Linda. The bunnies are so cute.

wienerhoneymooners said...

SO very sweet!

Thanks you so much for joining us at Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge!

Cat Craig said...

Oh those bunnies are so cute…love your coloring of them just enough to add interest.

Darnell said...

I think your photo looks good, Linda! Those fun bunnies are the cutest hopping and frolicking in the spring rain! And that's so interesting about the dies cutting the mirror image ... oops! I guess it was bound to happen at some point and I'm glad they are making it right for you. Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS and Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

Cindy C. said...

So sweet!

BreAnn L. said...

So cute!!