Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, January 6, 2024

Penguins at Day of the Month Card Club!

Hello crafty friends! I'm delighted to guest designing again at Day of the Month Card Club - this time for Challenge 59 celebrating Penguin Awareness Day!! Here's my inspiration card:


Supplies: Paper - Park Lane gold A2 card;
Neenah white; Hero Arts Glitter Basics; 
Recollections green; Lawn Fawn Petite Spiffier Speckles
Stamps - Hero Arts Holiday Foliage Messages
Stamps with dies - Sunny Studio Penguin Party (dies HERE)
Dies - Memory Box Pine Tree Grove;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape


Somehow I missed the email about the challenge until after the due date for my card - oops! But with a follow-up from the team, I got busy!! Fortunately, I had a stack of stamped penguins in my bits box and was able to put together a card quickly. Just colored the penguins, die cut some layered die cut trees & snowy hill, stamped a sentiment, added everything to a stitched rectangle & then the card - done!

I hope I've inspired you to join in this fun challenge. Learning from last year, I'm ramping up my Christmas card production early in the year so I don't come up short when it comes time for mailing!!

Happy crafting and thanks for stopping by!

Winner Challenge 57

19 comments:

Rosmarie said...

Your penguin colony is absolutely adorable, Linda! Thank you so much for being our guest designer again this month! Hugs, Rosi
Dream Factory
DotMCC

Cat Craig said...

Super adorbs!

Arlene said...

An adorable set of penguins out for their Holiday fun! I love it!

Jean said...

A very cute group of penguins! Your background nicely showcases them!

Betty said...

Ah Penguins! you know I love them:-) But your little group of them is adorable - really I mean it!! And they all look so happy!

HilaryJane said...

Congrats on your guest designer spot. I am glad you managed to put this together as it is so cute and perfect for the theme xx

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, this just makes me smile! Darling card, Linda!

Dawn T said...

So adorable Linda. A gorgeous card

Trina P. said...

Well done on putting it together so quickly. it’s adorable! Congratulations on GD again.

papierelle said...

We are very happy that you are supporting us as a guest designer this month with this very cheerful card!!!

ELFi said...

I like the group of adorable penguins and am happy that you enriched this challenge as our guest designer!

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

Adorable! I love this idea! I wish I knew about this day before!

Kate said...

Your penguins are adorable Linda! Congrats of being guest designer again! Hugs, Kate!

Rosemary said...

Congrats on being a guest designer for this month, Linda. Your card is absolutely adorable!

Cindy C. said...

Linda, this is so very cute!!

CinnamonSally said...

such a cute penguin card Linda .

Dotty Jo said...

Oh, just look at that little family of penguins! This is gorgeous, Linda, and so cute, Jo x

Greta said...

What an adorable card, Linda! This one will certainly bring a smile! Congrats on guest designing!

Izzy Scrap said...

Love your penguin tribe, they're so adorable and your background is just perfect to highlight them. Sorry to comment so late, I didn't see the month of January go by. 2 birthdays at home, one with a change of decade! Thanks so much for being our talented Guest Designer at DoTMCC.