Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, February 1, 2024

Rose Collage Valentines

Hey there - I'm back with more stenciling! This time I was inspired by Darnell (djkarkreations) who posted on Sunday about her new plan to start a crafty routine. She's going to use the aconym IDEAS to do something each Monday and invited us to play along! She's starting on Feb 5th but I dove right in because Monday the 29th was a fifth Monday of the month (S for Stencil). 

I'd already used up my 3 entries for Just Us Girls Challenge #711 to use Stencils but I still had a stack of new stencils handy. Plus I had Valentines to make. So here are a couple using a new Waffleflower Stencil for their postage stamp collage die:


Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 cards; Neenah White
Dies - Waffle Flower Postage Collage
Stencil - Waffle Flower Postage Collage Rose
Inks - Hero Arts Azalea, Moss, Red Royal, Green Apple, Peony
Other - Hero Arts Spring Enamel Stickers;
Pre-printed Sentiment Strips by unk

Very simple - just use the 3 stencils from the set, then die cut; adhere to card & add the sentiment strip, plus embellishments - done! Sorry for the washed out photo for card 2 - didn't matter what I did! I blame the fluorescent green card :) On that one I didn't stencil the With Love since my sentiment strip had the love in it already.

Here's the graphic Darnell is using for her crafty routine:


I will add card one to Darnell's February NBUS Challenge since the rose stencil got first play here. If you're interested, check out our February Die Cut Diva Challenge where we're doing non-traditional Valentines - I'll be here with mine on the 21st & 29th.

Thanks for stopping & have a crafty day!


8 comments:

Jean said...

Both are lovely and nicely showcase the versatility of the supplies.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the roses! These are both so pretty, Linda!

Rosemary said...

Oh what a lovely set of cards, Linda!

Darnell said...

Thank you for your support and enthusiasm, Linda! I appreciate the cheerleading and go you for jumping right in with the S for stencils! Your two Valentines are delightfully stenciled in pretty colors and I love that Waffleflower collage die! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Dawn T said...

Just love this stencil Linda and it looks awesome in both the pink and red colours. Beautiful cards

papierelle said...

I have now ordered this die and a few stamp sets from Waffle Flower. I hope I get them soon.
The effect is simply great, two really great cards!!!

Cat Craig said...

They are so sweet. I too had those stencils and dies out on my table this weekend.

JoAnn said...

Love your pretty cards Linda. The first one really pops. Love the rose stencil. I just got the Postage Collage die and can't wait to use it. Thanks for the inspiration.