Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Random Acts of Kindness - Sympathy

Hello everyone - I'm here with a card for the current Day of the Month Card Club challenge where they're celebrating Random Acts of Kindness Day. Most events in life are scheduled - holidays, birthdays, etc. but a death is often random. Our friend Betty, mother to Becky & grandma to Bariana (two chorus friends), passed away on Monday. I made this card to send sympathy to the family:


Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card;
BoBunny Botanical Journal; Momenta Watercolor print;
scraps of greens; Hero Arts Camel Watercolor Paper
Dies - Altenew Layered Ornate Frame;
BetterPress Plate with Dies - Spellbinders You are Everything Sentiments
Other - Park Lane gold stud stickers

I wanted to do something floral and the beautiful Altenew frame came to mind. Die-cutting and assembling the flowers & leaves, then adding them to the frame can be very soothing. I also like to multi-task while I'm watching television. Tuesday I was watching the replay of The Bachelor which I do in memory of my mom who loved, loved, loved that show (and The Bachelorette too!). I made two sets of everything so I can make a second card of the same design for another friend's family - funeral is Saturday.

I had a large pile of letterpressed sentiments made a couple weeks ago, along with some extra outlines in various colors for shadowing. I ended up cutting a brown shimmery shadow from a Poppystamps envelope just for this card, though; I thought it pulled out the script in the background paper nicely. If you're considering a BetterPress or already have one, I think this sentiment set is a must-have - love it!

That's it for today, friends - hope you're having a lovely week!


11 comments:

Lin said...

Lovely card, Linda - beautiful soft colors, and I like the script background.

Jean said...

A lovely card for a difficult occasion. Your combination of colors and elements is striking.

Cat Craig said...

Difficult cards to make. This is lovely.

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, Linda. This is a lovely card. It's sure to bring comfort to the family.

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful, Jo x

Dawn T said...

Sad to hear of your friend's loss. This beautifully thoughtful card will certainly help and comfort the family.

Greta said...

What a beautiful sympathy card, Linda! I really love all the elements and the design!

papierelle said...

A sympathy card doesn't always have to be black and white, it can also be very hopeful and show that life goes on. I'm very happy that you are showing this special card at DotMCC.

Rosemary said...

Lovely sympathy card, Linda.

Trina P. said...

Another beautiful sympathy card.

ELFi said...

Thank you for joining our challenge at DotMCC with this lovely card!