Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, February 23, 2024

Peaceful Time Birdies

Hi everyone - TGIF! I'm back with another card for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge "Out on a Limb". I found a sweet Penny Black birdie in the stash that I used twice over 3 years ago (go HERE & HERE, if interested); thought I'd give it another go:


Supplies: Paper - Bazzill A2 card; Neenah white;
My Favorite Things Colorful Christmas Text
Hero Arts Bermuda; Spellbinders Betterpress Porcelain
Penny Black Holiday Trimmings (retired)
Stamps with Dies - Penny Black Peaceful Time (dies HERE)
Dies - Hero Arts Tag Frames Infinity Dies
Press Plate & Die - Spellbinders Merry & Bright Sentiment Strips
Other - foam tape; Copic Markers

Since I was at it, I colored a second birdie and made another Christmas card. This time I used a bright green piece of the MFT Christmas text paper and added a frame of pines cut with Hero Arts Branches Infinity Dies. I cut a "sun" from a scrap of yellow watercolor print paper using Hero Arts Nesting Circle Infinity Dies. Assembled on an A2 card & added a sentiment from Colorado Craft Company's Cozy Cat set (dies HERE). Done! Which card do you prefer?


Since bird starts with B, I'll also add card one to Ellibelle's Corner's current I Spy with My Little Eye Challenge. I know Ellie from playing in the Card Chain Challenge but had never done an I Spy til now. I already have an idea for another entry! :)

That's it for today, friends - thanks for stopping! Have a wonderful weekend!!



14 comments:

Lin said...

That is the sweetest bird, one of my faves, too, Linda! Love that you shared these with us!

Jean said...

Both are fantastic and nicely showcase the bird image. Those Spellbinders sentiments are a "must" that I'm adding to my wish list.

Cat Craig said...

You've shown off that birdie quite nicely...twice!

HilaryJane said...

I have been away for a few days and I see I missed a few posts from you. Not enough hours in the day to comment on each one, but I have enjoyed looking. I do like this little bird and am so pleased that you have had him out to play again xx

Dotty Jo said...

Two beautiful bird cards, Linda. Such lovely makes, and I'm also loving the dies you've chosen. Thanks for joining Gail and me again, big hugs, Jo x

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet little bird! Your bright colors make both of these cheerful cards!

Dawn T said...

what a delightfully sweet little birdie. I was looking at some of my VERY ancient stamps today... some haven't seen the light of day in a very long time - and came across some little birdie stamps. Thanks for the reminder of this challenge! Both of today's cards are fabulous.

Greta said...

I tend not to use my birds, but you're inspiring me! These are lovely!

Julia Aston said...

Two beautiful birds sitting happily out on their limbs! Lovely backgrounds created for each one! Julia xx

papierelle said...

I love these cards, so beautifully cheerful in their color scheme.

Rosemary said...

Pretty set of Christmas cards, Linda. You will have quite a stash of Christmas cards before you know it!

Trina P. said...

Tweet twofers. Love the non-traditional colours on the first card. You are reminding me that I need to start my Christmas stash.

Ellibelle said...

They both are so beautiful! Love the bird on each version!
Thank you so much for playing along with us again at I spy with my little eye!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Pauline C said...

2 beautiful bird creations - love them both. Thanks so much for sharing with “I Spy” challenge “Something Beginning With B”.
Pauline xx