Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, October 16, 2020

Another Christmas Bird

Hey there - I'm fitting in another birdie card for the current CAS Christmas Challenge with Christine's theme of Christmas Birds.


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 card & glitter cardstock;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
Stamps - Penny Black Peaceful Time;
Hero Arts Collage Music Background (retired) &
Other - Hero Arts Soft Pool & Intense Black Ink;
Copic Markers

Now, this PB stamp set doesn't seem to have anything to do with Christmas, given sentiments of "happy birthday" and "with love". When I saw the birdie, though, I felt it would be gorgeous on a Christmas card. Die cut, stamped and colored it with Copics then added a couple leafy sprigs from another die in the set. Added it to an A2 card and stamped bits from a music background stamp (after masking the birdie) & then stamped a sentiment. Done!

I'm also adding my card to the October Merry Little Christmas Challenge where Anything Goes and to Darnell's October NBUS Challenge since my birdie stamp is getting first play here.

Thanks for stopping & I wish you a crafty weekend!!






11 comments:

Betty said...

Oh LInda - I love that artsy little bird in those fun colors!!

Debbie Mageed said...

That bird was so pretty! Love how you colored it. The very subtle music in the background is such a wonderful touch. Hope you have a crafty weekend!

Lin said...

Love this bird - one of my faves - love how this turned out!

Marcia Hill said...

I agree Linda...this bird is perfect for a Christmas card!! LOVE your coloring and especially the soft music background! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Rosemary said...

fabulous CAS design, linda! your little bird is so sweet!

Trina P. said...

Completely works for Christmas and perfect way to stretch this stamp. This is adorable. Thanks for joining at CAS Christmas.

Jean said...

The musical notation stamping is a perfect touch for your gorgeously colored bird.

Christine Alexander said...

I think this bird is perfect on a Christmas card especially on the berry branch. Love the bright colours :) Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Greta said...

I have that background stamp--need to use it! Love that bird for Christmas--gorgeous card!

Dawn T said...

What a beautiful card Linda. That bird is really fabulous.

Loll said...

Wonderfully coloured bird Linda. So pretty against the coloured card stock base. Love the soft stamped music in the background. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!