Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, October 19, 2020

Happy Birthday Truck

Hey there - I'm popping in with a card for dear ol' Dad's 89th birthday coming up later this week! I thought he'd get a kick out of Spellbinders truck die cut - he likes to tell stories of the trouble he and his cousins used to get into with trucks, back in the day.


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Sunshine A2 card (retired); 
Paper Studio & DCWV cardstock; Tim Holtz kraft metallic;
Ms Sparkle & Co neutral woodgrain; acetate
Stamps - Divinity Designs Mini Tag Sentiments
Divinity Designs Mini Tags; Xcut Serif Numbers;
My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired)
Other - Hero Arts clear lacquer; recycled wired string

Originally I had thought of making Dad's card using the convertible die set I used for Darnell's hubby's card (see it here if you missed it). Then I spotted the truck set on sale at Spellbinders and ordered it with plenty of time to spare. Guess most of the guys in my life are more into trucks than convertibles!! The truck was no problem to assemble given my experience with the convertible. I liked the presents in the latter set better for a guy so used those; also used the balloon from that set. The truck didn't come with a steering wheel - say what?? - so I used the one from the convertible set. Acetate went in between a couple layers of the truck for the window.

I'm adding this to Darnell's October NBUS Challenge since my truck is getting its first play today. I think I'm heading for a record number of entries over there this month - gotta get that mountain of NBUS down!! Thanks for the fun, Darnell! Also adding to Tristan's challenge at Watercooler Wednesday All Occasions. Thanks Tristan!

Thanks for visiting - hope you have a crafty day!! Also hope you'll stop back on Wednesday when I'll be sharing a card for Die Cut Divas Autumn and Halloween Challenge!

 



12 comments:

KathyA. said...

Hello. Stopping by after seeing your card at NBUS challenge. Love the bright truck, especially with the weathered wood background. I must CASE that idea! TFS Kathy A from myasperations.blogspot.com

Helen said...

This card is just perfect for an your Dad. I'm sure he loved it! Love the colours you've used to bring it to life. Take care! :)

Dotty Jo said...

What a fun card - bet Dad loves it! Jo x

Betty said...

that's the "funnest" card ever - love the license plate sentiment - Dad will love it, I'm sure!!

Cat Craig said...

Definitely a fun card, and so great for a man card.

Mac Mable said...

Such a thoughtful card for your Dad and I am sure it will bring back even more memories and stories to tell x.

Jean said...

Happy birthday to your father. Your card is just fantastic!

Dawn T said...

How cool is this. I bet your Dad just loved it.

Rosemary said...

super cute birthday card, linda!

Trina P. said...

Happy birthday to your dad! 🎉🎉🎉 What a fun card. Great details... good thing you had the convertible set to add the missing parts.

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Linda--perfect card for your dad! Love the truck (with the steering wheel!), presents, personalized balloon--everything! Hope he has a very happy birthday!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Linda, I just had to have this truck too. LOVE the card you've made for your Dad. It's so cool how you personalized the balloon with his age.