Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, October 23, 2020

Celebrating Masculine and Feminine Birthdays

Hey everyone - hope you're having a great week!! I shared a card earlier in the week for my dad's birthday which is today. Had to laugh - Wednesday night Mom asked me "where's my card?" I said, "huh?" Turns out she wanted me to make a card for her to give to my dad! We're celebrating with my brother and his wife (who's birthday is later in October) tomorrow so Mom wanted a card for Donna too! Guess what I was doing yesterday! Here are my cards with a masculine and a feminine twist:



Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio kraft A2 card
and black cardstock;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired)
Stamps - Hero Arts It's Your Day & 
Past Times (both retired);
Stampin' Up In the Pines
Other - Stampin' Up Subtle 3D embossing folder;
Copic Markers; Distress Inks

Simple card - stamped the train & the trees, colored with Copics. I hand drew the train smoke and the railroad tracks and filled in the ground. Blended tumbled glass for the sky & stamped a sentiment. Die cut with a stitched rectangle, matted with black and added to an embossed kraft card. Finally used my Subtle embossing folder - love the soft texture it provided!!


Supplies: Paper - Ms Sparkle & Co A2 pink card;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Paper Studio maroon & glitter
Dies - Poppystamps Spectacular Happy Birthday (retired);
Frantic Stamper Slimline Frames
My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired)
Stamps - Hero Arts Dictionary Greeting & 
Elegant Weeds (both retired);
Other - Memento inks; Crystal Stickles

I was digging through my stamp stash and found two Hero Arts stamp sets - thought they'd be fun together. I just got the FS slimline dies and had tested them all by cutting from maroon cardstock. Decided the littlest frame would look nice behind the sentiment. Added some stickles - done!

I'm sharing the train card at Watercolor Wednesday where Marsha's hosting with the theme of masculine. The sister-in-law card will go to Darnell's NBUS challenge since the little scalloped frame is being used for the first time. The train card would work too since Subtle ef gets first play here.

Thanks for the fun challenges and thanks for stopping!! Off to eat bday cupcakes!!





10 comments:

Betty said...

two fab cards, Linda - your Mom is lucky to have her own card creator!

Greta said...

Well of course she wanted you to make the cards for her to give! And short notice didn't bother you at all, Linda! Love the train scene & great use of the little frame for the floral card!

Michelle W said...

Two beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Karen Brown said...

What a great masculine card! Love that vintage train. Have a great week and thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous cards under the gun...well done.

Kate said...

Wow that was quick work! Lovely cards, thanks for stopping by my blog. I also love to scrap, stamp and sing and have just started following your blog!

Rosemary said...

what a wonderful set of cards, linda!

Dawn T said...

Two gorgeous cards Linda. You did good for your Mum.

Created by Kath said...

Both cards are great! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday! Kath-DT

Jean said...

You nicely showcased how to change the feel of images to be more masculine or more feminine!