Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Scramble with Gold and Cream

Hey crafty friends - hope you're having or had a great weekend!! Over on the Hero Arts Scramble Facebook group we're using background stamps - yay! For a Scramble you have 90 minutes to create, photograph and upload your project - mine took 47 minutes this afternoon.


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio cream & gold glitter
Stamps - Hero Arts Christmas Rose Bold Print
Dies - Hero Arts Joy Stamp and Cut;
Spellbinders Labels Thirty Six (retired)
Other - Distress Embossing Ink; Ranger Princess Gold ep;
gold enamel dot from a My Monthly Hero kit

I picked gold and cream - inspired by Kristie (Kreative Kristie) & by Marcia's (Marcia's Stampin' Pad) post here. Kristie's on the DT for a new challenge called Color Hues and Marcia made a gorgeous leafy card for it. I hadn't checked the challenge out yet (I had spotted Kristie's card at Watercooler Wednesday) and didn't even know if the gold/cream challenge was still running. Just used these colors anyway since I thought them beautiful. 

I stamped the background directly onto a cream A2 card using embossing ink, then gold embossed. I diecut a cream label three times and layered for dimension. Added to the card with a gold glitter strip behind. Diecut JOY twice from ivory and once from glitter paper and layered. Used a gold enamel dot for the J instead of the little dot the die cuts. I considered putting a gold embossed outline to the label, but - hey - it was a Scramble so I didn't want to take the time... I already had had an embossing powder mishap - spilling some of my gold ep onto my craft table! It's still there - will have to clean up the Scramble mess later...

Uploaded my card to the Scramble and then came to blog it. First, though, I checked the current Color Hues Challenge to see if the Gold/Cream is still open - yes!! I briefly scrolled the DT cards & the entered cards to see that the linky was still active. Lo & behold I spotted that Coni (Which Craft?) used the same background stamp with a Joy sentiment. Great minds think alike, Coni - I hadn't seen your beautiful card until after mine was made. Oh well...I'll still add mine there, even though Coni's looks amazing!!

I'm also adding this to Darnell's NBUS challenge since my Christmas Rose background stamp is new - just got it last week and it got first play today.

Thanks for visiting and thanks to the hosts for fun challenges!!





13 comments:

Betty said...

so pretty, Linda - perfect for the scramble and also the gold/cream challenge - haven't used my background rose stamp yet.

aussie aNNie said...

This is great Linda, lovely colours. x

Karen said...

Love that background! The label and gorgeous glittery sentiment are the perfect focal point. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues! Hope we'll see you there again.

conil said...

Speaking of amazing, your card pushes all the buttons. It's terrific when two geniuses come up with the same idea. (Kidding on my side, of course.) Absolutely brilliant use of the diecut to showcase your sentiment. Which looks "amazing" with that glittery "joy".

Dawn T said...

Love this one Linda. that's such a lovely background stamp and love how you have made your card

papierelle said...

Very noble!!

Cindy C. said...

It's gorgeous Linda!!

Jean said...

Stunning gold and cream card - wonderful with the product choices.

Cat Craig said...

Linda, this is lovely and elegant.

Cindy Beach said...

Linda, your card is gorgeous!And amazingly created in so little time, beautifully done! We are delighted that you've joined us at Color Hues! Hope to see you there again. The Joy die cut looks so elegant in gold and that background is the perfect backdrop.

Trina P. said...

Just beautiful, Linda. So impressed that you completed everything, including photographing and posting, in 47 mins!!! If I’m lucky I might come up with the idea in 47 mins. 😂

Rosemary said...

so very pretty, linda! love all the gold and glitter!

Greta said...

That's a gorgeous background stamp, Linda! Perfect color combo choice--one of my favorites. I have a terrible time getting good pictures of it, though. You make me want to try again!