Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Girl? or Boy?

Hey friends - I'm sharing a card made for a sister chorus member, Kristin, who's expecting a baby. We're holding a virtual shower for her and her hubby next Monday on our chorus Zoom rehearsal. Each voice section (tenor, lead, baritone & bass in barbershop harmony) sent the couple a box of gifts to open during the shower. While I contributed to my section gift, I wanted to send them a special card.


Supplies: Paper - Lawn Fawn Watercolor Wishes Petite and
Hello Sunshine Remix Petite; Neenah White
Stamps - Hero Arts - Umbrella, Little One, and Events & Every Day Planner Icons (retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired);
Other - Foam tape, Copic Markers, Memento inks

Kristin and Dex have chosen not to find out the child's sex so I thought it would be fun to do two umbrellas - one in girly pink, one in boy blue (stamped and fussy cut). Then I spotted the little baby faces in a planner set and my two circles developed from there. "Little girl" and "little boy" came from the Little One set and the question marks came from the Kelly's Outline Letters alphabet set. After stamping, I die cut into circles and colored with Copics. The sentiment came in the Umbrella set which was developed by Hero Arts for the former Archivers store in 2013 to introduce Stamp & Cut sets (I have oodles).

I'm adding this to Virginia's October Show and Share where anything goes - thanks Virginia! That's it for today - thanks for visiting!!




9 comments:

Betty said...

how cute and perfect for a baby shower!

aussie aNNie said...

Great post full of gorgeousness here. Have a lovely weekend. xx

Trina P. said...

Cute and fun baby shower card. 👏

Rosemary said...

super cute baby shower card, linda!

Cindy C. said...

So adorable!!!

Viv said...

Gorgeously cute baby card Linda!

Jean said...

Very fun and clever!

Greta said...

What a sweet, clever card with the pink & blue umbrellas, Linda! I know your fellow chorus member & her hubby will love it!

Dawn T said...

How cute Linda. Great card for a baby shower.