Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Pink Christmas

It's hump day & a gloomy one in MN! Time to brighten things up with a pink card for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge.


Supplies: Paper - Ms Sparkle & Co A2 card;
BoBunny Winter Wishes
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug Diamonds in the Rough (retired)
Dies - Hero Arts Paper Layering Poinsettia;
My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired)
Other - Aluminum foil over cardstock;
Black Soot Distress Ink; Memento Rose Bud ink;
Michael's gems

I adore the Hero Arts poinsettia die and use it often. I cut the pieces from Lawn Fawn pink Watercolor paper and layered them; the center was die cut from a scrap of aluminum foil. I tried Gail's technique of embossing household aluminum foil (first glued to cardstock). Since I used an embossing folder with diamonds, I'm also adding my card to the current Let's Squash It! Challenge for geometric metallics. And also adding to Watercooler Wednesday Challenge All Occasions with Tristan! **Update** also adding at Jingle Belles where they're dreaming of a pink Christmas too!! Thanks for the referral, Trina!

Thanks to Jo & elf Pops, Gail & Jo, the WWC team, and Stef & Lauren for the fun challenges. That's it for today - thanks for visiting!!





 

17 comments:

!neke said...

Great in this colors !!!
groeten Ineke

Cindy C. said...

This is oh so pretty!! Love the dimension of the layered Poinsettia!

Betty said...

so lovely - that poinsettia die is one of my faves for Christmas!

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, Linda! Love all the pink and that band of silver. Ticks all the boxes for Christmas Kickstart and Let's Squash It! Thanks so much for playing, Jo x

ionabunny said...

The silver embossed panel looks lovely Linda and the pink poinsettia is gorgeous. Perfect together. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! and also for having a go at the technique. Hugz

Greta said...

Pink is my favorite color, so I'm going to kick myself if I miss the challenge! I have that poinsettia die thanks to the cards you made with it last year! Looks just amazing cut from that paper & I love the silver embossed strip! Wonderful card, Linda!

Trina P. said...

I can see why you love that poinsettia die... it’s so pretty. Fabulous card with so much amazing dimension and texture.
You should also enter this over at Jingle Belles Dreaming of a Pink Christmas challenge
http://jinglebellesrock.blogspot.com/2020/10/im-dreaming-of-pink-christmas.html

papierelle said...

This card is amazing. Love your color choice!!

Rosemary said...

gorgeous pink poinsettia, linda! love it!!

Pop's Cards said...

I love this the flower looks almost real, thanks for joining us at Christmas Kickstart Challenge hugs Pops x

Helen said...

So pretty, Linda! I love the idea of pink for Christmas cards! Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Take care!:)

Jean said...

Fantastic incorporation of the metallic elements!

Dawn T said...

I'm so behind with checking out your cards Linda. This is just gorgeous. Pink is such a cool ideas to use for Christmas.

lauren bergold said...

Oh my goodness that pink poinsettia is the star of the show and I love the background gems as well! Thanks for helping us celebrate "Pink Christmas" at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

SmilynStef said...

your pink poinsettia is absolutely lovely ... thanks so much for joining our ♥ Pink Christmas for the Cure! ♥ at Jingle Belles.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Linda. Love the pretty pink poinsettia and embossed foil behind it. TFS

designbydonna said...

Beautiful card. I love the pink poinsettia. Guess what I am trying today?