Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Autumn bird

Hi everyone - hope you're enjoying the weekend! Today I had some time, while attending a virtual convention, to color another Penny Black birdie using the colors for the current Color Hues Challenge

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts A2 card; Paper Studio glitter;
DCWV orange; Neenah white
Stamps - Penny Black Peaceful Time;
Whimsy Stamps Autumn Blessings (retired)
Dies - Frantic Stamper Stitched Fall Leaves
Other - Memento inks; Copic Markers (blues and oranges only)

I stamped two bird images yesterday when I made a Christmas birdie card. I spotted the colors at Color Hues - blue and orange . I thought the extra birdie would be great in those colors atop some orange leaves. Stamped the sentiment in blue in directly on the card but didn't like it so I stamped it on a white strip to overlay it.  I will also add this card to Darnell's NBUS challenge since my leaf dies are getting their first play.

I was "attending" my Sweet Adelines International Convention these past three days - first ever virtual one! We're celebrating 75 years of Life on a High Note, even if we can't be together in person. Our worldwide choruses haven't been able to be together since March and our in-person rehearsals, shows, conventions and educational events were all canceled - very sad!!! But we've been sticking together via Zoom and other platforms, continuing to rehearse for the day we can sing together in person. My chorus, City of Lakes, would've been competing in Louisville KY this week had we been able to hold an in-person convention. Instead, hopefully, we'll be competing next year around this time.

I'll also share a card for my friends Heather (Stamping and Stitching) and Philip who had an anniversary last week. Heather emailed me that they rec'd my card:

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts A2 card; patterns by unk;
ephemera by Spellbinders'; Paper Studio ivory and glitter
Dies - Spellbinders label (retired);
Creative Expressions Happy Anniversary

I die cut and embossed the label and layered two more behind it (unembossed). Also die cut multiples of the sentiment to layer, the topmost one being the glitter cardstock. Butterflies and sheet music ephemera came from a Spellbinders kit. Heather said they really liked the combo of patterns. Happy anniversary, my friends!!

Thanks to you for stopping by and thanks to TCH & to Darnell for fun challenges!!





9 comments:

Lin said...

What a gorgeous combination of that sweet bird with the maple leaves Linda! I'm pinning this for next year's cards!!

Betty said...

there's that cute bird again looking lovely with maple leaves!! i pray that 2021 will bring you and all your singing friends together again!

Trina P. said...

Oh!... looks like you’re stretching that bird stamp some more! Such an awesome autumn card. You’ve used the color hues perfectly! Love the design especially with the maple leaves behind. Beautiful anniversary card, too.

The virtual convention sounds fun. A great alternative rather than just getting cancelled.

Karen said...

You were right! That beautiful blue bird is set off wonderfully by the orange leaves, and I like his orange breast as well. It's a lovely design. Thank goodness for Zoom and other online chat services that allow us to be together no matter where we are. I've heard some lovely choral events where every member was singing from their own home. Thanks for joining us at the Color Hues challenge.

Jean said...

Wonderful cards! Love the colors on the first and the patterns on the second.

Yay for making "it" work during these unprecedented times.

Rosemary said...

love the way you used the colors from the color hues challenge on the first card, linda! the anniversary card you created for heather is so pretty!

Greta said...

The sentiment on the first card is great & that is a gorgeous Fall card! I know Heather & her hubby loved opening the beautiful card you made for their anniversary!

Dawn T said...

Two amazing cards Linda. Just love the bird and the leaves on your first one. And all the wonderful layers on the anniversary card is really beautiful

papierelle said...

Your autumn card is so beautiful. I love the color contrast!!