Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Christmas Birds

Hey friends - hope you're enjoying your week! Sorry to miss World Card Making Day on Saturday - I was visiting my family and didn't have the energy after I got home. I was excited by the theme of Christmas Birds at CAS Christmas Challenge, though, and made a card for it today.


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps with Dies - Lawn Fawn Season's Tweetings for SSS
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 13 (retired)
Other - Copic Markers, foam tape, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink

I was lucky enough to get the Lawn Fawn Season's Tweetings for Simon Say Stamp's Stamptember before it sold out. I already own the Winter Sparrows which I always want to call Season's Tweetings because of the sentiment. When the Stamptember set came out, I knew it would be a fun one to buy and maybe combine with Winter Sparrows. On this card, though, I only used the Stamptember set.

Stamped, die cut and colored all the elements and stuck down on a stitched rectangle. Then disaster struck when I went to stamp my sentiment. MISTI magnets got hung up with the paper between then, creating a long drag mark at the top when I separated the magnets. Hate when that happens!! Everything was stuck permanently so I trimmed carefully around it all and adhered to a new stitched rectangle (sentiment stamped beforehand this time!!). Also did a little ink blending on my stitched panel behind where I planned to place my images & before adhering everything. Done!

I'm also adding this card to Darnell's NBUS Challenge since my birdie set is getting its first play here. Plus adding to a new one for me - Christmas 24 where they're doing Winter Birds.

Thanks to Christine & the team at CAS Christmas and Darnell at NBUS for fun challenges and thanks to you for stopping by!!

 





16 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Sweet scene, Linda.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Linda! Thanks so much for your sweet blog comments! I really wish I could subscribe via email to your blog, I am Following you but don't use the reader. Now to your card, it's perfect and tweet-ily sweet! I don't do SSS so I did not know they had a version of this LF set. I have the original that I've always called Seasons Tweetings too. I just went to my computer files and renamed it because it does say Winter Sparrows, LOLOL. Thanks for edumacating me! Anyway, it's a wonderful CAS card. Have a good week and PLEASE let me know if you add the blogger subscribe thing because I want to be a subscriber! XXO

Jean said...

Yay for your Misti save! Adorable card.

Julia Aston said...

Oh what a fun trio of Christmas birds all lined up on the branch singing Carols for us! Even their house is decorated for the holidays! thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas Linda!

Trina P. said...

This is so adorable and tweet! Love the added birdhouse. Wonderful colouring. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.
And thanks for introducing me to a new challenge at Christmas 24. Always on the lookout for challenges. 🤗

Papercraft Boutique said...

What an adorable Christmas bird card, Linda! You made a wonderful recovery, and I wouldn't have guessed it was supposed to be a one-layer card. Great fussy-cutting! The soft blue ink blending is a really nice touch. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!
Hideko

Betty said...

darling little tweetie birds - such a cute Christmas card!

Christine Alexander said...

Linda these three tweetie pies are so adorable, I was slow at the SSS stamptember, stuff sold out so quickly :)
thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas and I'm glad you like the theme

Greta said...

Oh how cute, Linda!

CinnamonSally said...

Such a cute card Linda !

Darnell said...

I'm not clear on what you had to do to save this precious card, but I'm glad you did, Linda. It is so sweet with the trio of Christmas birds and darling little birdhouse! (Love the antler hat!!) Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Rosemary said...

super cute little card, linda!

Loll said...

DARLING card, Linda! I have winter sparrows as well and thought you used it but modified the accessories for the birds! :) So fun that there is a new set with different images. These birds are so sweet and I love the birdhouse! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Fabiola said...

c'est trop mignon Linda, merci de jouer avec nous chez christmas 24, biz

papierelle said...

This card is so cute!! Love it!!

Grietje said...

Those little birds are so cute! Thank you for playing along at Christmas 24 and thank you for your comment on my card. Hope to see you again next time.

Hugs Grietje DT