Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Slimline poinsettia

Hey crafty friends! We celebrated a fun birthday with my dad yesterday - sorry he didn't win Phase 10 (a card game). My sister-in-law won which was ok as she'll be a birthday girl next week! They both loved the cards I made!

Today I had a chance to play along at the current Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge - #19 already - where they have a slimline theme. Here's my card:



Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio Holiday & Brights;
Tim Holtz kraft metallic; Momenta watercolors;
ephemera from 10/2019 Spellbinders card kit
Stamps - Hero Arts CL620 Jolly (retired) and
Dies - Hero Arts Paper Layering Poinsettia &
Frantic Stamper Slimline Frames
Other - Hero Arts and Memento inks, white gel pen

I love the jumbo sentiments in a 2012 Hero Arts stamp set, sadly retired. Any one of the three (Jolly, Merry, Peace) would be perfect on a slimline card! I chose Merry and then added a die cut Christmas from another Hero set. I had a maroon slimline frame already die cut from the other day when I was trying my new set from FS. Thought it would be perfect with a bright green backing, stamped tone on tone with the Christmas Rose. I cut another pink poinsettia (see a previous one here), then added some ephemera - done!

That's it for today. Thanks to Hero Arts for the fun challenge and thanks to you for stopping by! Not enough pink, despite the pink poinsettia, to add to Pink Christmas at Christmas Kickstart but check it out - there are a couple more days to play there!!






10 comments:

Betty said...

such a great color combo for your slimline card, Linda!

Cindy C. said...

Absolutely delightful!!

Rosemary said...

love your slimline card, linda! that poinsettia is gorgeous!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous card Linda. Some times slim lines look akward to me -- yours looks perfect!

Dawn T said...

totally stunning Linda. You really nailed the slimline look

Debbie Mageed said...

Linda, this is a wonderful holiday card! I just love your gorgeous Poinsettia! Slimline cards are so fun, aren't they? I need to make more of them. Have a great week!

CinnamonSally said...

Beautiful Linda, love the poinsettia!!

Rachelle Oltean said...

I love this slimline card and your color choices! That bright green background panel just sets all of the other color off and really ties the card together! I really like the the way you composed your two-font sentiment as well! Nice work!
Hugs - Rachelle : )

Jean said...

Great use of the slimline size to showcase that poinsettia!

Greta said...

Great slimline design & I love the poinsettia! Keep meaning to enter the HA challenges, but have missed most of them. Maybe I can use my poinsettia die for one. Thanks for the inspiration, Linda!