Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, October 22, 2020

A Mini Christmas Tree

Hey all - I'm taking a break from cards and sharing a 3D project I made using Concord & 9th's Take a Bough Encore die set. Here's my mini Christmas tree:


Supplies: Paper - Concord & 9th;
Spellbinders gold foil; Paper Studio Glitter;
Neenah White
Dies - Concord and 9th Take a Bough Encore Bundle;
Other - dowel and wood slice from Concord & 9th;
Jolee's Holiday Lights; Duck Tape brand glitter dots

In these days of pandemic, I look for fun things to do online. Concord & 9th offered a class on their mini Christmas trees last night and I signed up. Rec'd my kit in plenty of time and had die cut everything I needed for the largest (finished height about 8.75") of three trees using their Clover cardstock. The other two trees use Evergreen and Sea Glass cardstock - both gorgeous colors. I've only started die cutting the elements for those two. The class lasted 90 minutes, taught by Greg Cottrell with guests Erica AB & Jeff Lindberg. I have several fab Concord & 9th items in my stash but this was my first experience with these Concord and 9th VIPs - very enjoyable! Didn't win any prizes though, oh well.... An extra thing I did for my tree was to use the garland die to diecut an extra garland in white that I inlaid into my red negative and popped onto a green circle diecut to create a little tree skirt. I also added some Jolee lights and a few ornaments I made gluing glitter dots together. The class was done on YouTube live and carried a fee. They have other videos showing how to construct the trees, though - very easy to do (see one here if desired).

I'm adding this to Darnell's October NBUS challenge since my tree & accessory dies are new. There's also a 3D challenge out there that I spotted but couldn't find again to link up. If anyone knows where it is, can you let me know? Thanks! And thanks for stopping!!



8 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Linda this is so fun!!

Jean said...

Fantastic! Very festive.

Rosemary said...

love, love, love your sweet little tree, linda!

Lin said...

Love how your tree turned out - sounded like a fun time!

Vicky Hayes said...

I had seen the promotions for those adorable little trees Linda but how much more fun to actually join in! The finished article looks lovely with all your extra creative touches. Thanks for the informative post! Vicky x

Betty said...

love your little tree, Linda.

Greta said...

What a sweet tree, Linda! Can tell you had fun with the class!

Dawn T said...

Delightful project Linda. This is a great tree.