Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, October 12, 2020

Robot Valentine

Happy Monday everyone! I was playing around with some dies that arrived last week from Frantic Stamper, including a darling robot. Thought I'd incorporate Mr. Robot with a metallic embossed panel for the inaugural Let's Squash It Challenge.


Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders gold metallic;
Paper Studio A2 card & glitter; DCWV colors
Embossing folder - Tim Holtz Riveted Metal (retired)
Frantic Stamper Robot
Stamps with Dies - Taylored Expressions Filled with Love
Other - Black Soot Distress Ink; foam tape

Playing around with my robot die, I made one in silver glitter card and one in a soft textured kraft card. As I was flipping through my embossing folders for Gail & Jo's new Let's Squash It Challenge, I found the Tim Holtz riveted metal folder. Thought it might be perfect behind a robot! I embossed a panel of gold metallic paper from the September Spellbinders kit, then distressed it with Black Soot ink. Thinking this would be a fun Valentine card for Cards for Hospitalized Kids, I added various heart diecuts. Most of the candy hearts from TE have more lovey-dovey sentiments but I found the hello would work for a kid. The inside will contain the Valentine's Day greeting. The little off kilter hearts actually cut with an emboss and cut folder I got from my friend Heather (Stamping and Stitching) but I can't find the name of it. Thanks again Heather!!

I'll also add this to Darnell's NBUS Challenge since Mr. Robot got his first play here, and to Virginia's October Show and Share. Thanks to all for the fun challenges!! Special good wishes to Gail and Jo on their new challenge blog Let's Squash It! to use those neglected embossing folders! I really pulled out an old one for my robot card - this'll be a great challenge to keep playing in!!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a crafty week!!

 





12 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a cute little love bug your robot is! Your card is totally delightful. Thanks so much for joining GAil and me here at Let's Squash It! Challenge #1, so glad you did! Jo x

ionabunny said...

This is really cool. A wonderful combination of related elements. Love the Riveted Metal folder background and that robot is pretty cute too. Thanks for joining the fun at the Let's Squash It! Challenge. Hugz

Jean said...

Very fun - perfect for those challenges!

Betty said...

very very cute and clever but way to far ahead of the holiday cards for me - i'm still on halloween:-)

Trina P. said...

How cute! The Riveted Metal EF is so perfect for your darling robot.
And thanks for introducing me to another new challenge... I should really use my EF’s. 🤔

Mac Mable said...

The embossing folder looks fabulous and what an adorable and loveable robot x.

Rosemary said...

that little robot is too darn cute, linda! super sweet card!

Jules said...

Hi Linda

What a great card.

I love the background very much.

Love Jules xx

oldpunca said...

Everyone can easy fall in love with this sweet robot. Including me. :-) Fantastic card with fantastic background. It would be perfect for a kid in hospital.
Thank you for your kind comment at my blog.
Sonja

Suzanne H said...

That's a great embossing folder. Love your sweet robot. Great card!

Greta said...

What a cute card & perfect for the new ef challenge! I got my entry made--now to actually get it posted & into the gallery!

Trina P. said...

Came back to say congratulations on a well-deserved win over at the Squash It challenge! 👏👏👏